Incompatible sideloaded Android app on the Shield, how to get it working?

CorstenFIN

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
I have sideloaded bunch of android (cellphone apps) apps to my Shield. Sometimes app called "set orientation" is needed. There is one app, that is official IPTV app from my internet provider. I have account for it, but that app is full optimized for cellphones and tablets... it wont boot in shield at all. Shows only white screen and crashes after 5 seconds. Is there some kind a 3rd party addons/apps that could help me with this. That app would be game changer, if i could use it with shield. App is called "Uusi DNA TV" (version 1.1.7 is the newest)

Could someone please try tricks to it. Is there possibility to hack that app some way to make it compatible with Shield?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If an app isn't in the Play Store for a particular device, it's usually because of some compatibility issue, so I doubt there's anything you can do about that besides asking the developer to work on it. Another reason why an app isn't in the Play Store would be that it violates Google's policies -- so that increases the risk of shady practices by the developer, or other parties inserting malware into the apk if you download it from some random site. Be careful with sideloading.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I tend to agree, it sounds like it is not compatible with your device. Maybe get with the developer and see if they have an older version available that might work.

CorstenFIN

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for replys. I did contact dev and he sayed that app is compatitle with AndroidTV but there is such strict permissions to distribute IPTV, DVB and OTT material in one app, so it is about that. Google´s platform is rejecting that app to launch i understand. App is working great on iOS and Android. Dev promised to take those permissions to "do list" so meaby that app is going to be AndroidTV compatible in future.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, sounds like a good developer! Hopefully those fixes don't take too long to arrive.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Alot of apps are not compatible with the Shield. I have learned the hard way.

I have to keep googling forums or checking reddit for any solutions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej