incorrect unread text message count on Galaxy s9. App Badge Icon has wrong number!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use the app Icon badge (the thing that gives you a number or a dot on your app icon when you get a message). Well mine is showing the wrong number.
Example: When I get just one message it will show 5 on the home page and when I go into the message it will show 2 but there is just 1. Just 1 freaking message not 5 not 2 and not the other random number that it keeps showing. WTF?

A

Android Central Question

How do I see only the "unread" text messages on my Galaxy S9?

How do I see only the "unread" text messages on my Galaxy S9?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I merged these two questions because they're probably from the same OP.

Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and see if there's a system app called BadgeProvider, or something similar. Select it, then tap Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, and see if that helps.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Go to the message settings and mark all the messages as read and this will solve the message count issue.

I realize this is OVER A YEAR AND A HALF later...but THANK YOU. This was driving me nuts and I had turned on and off web badges, cleared badges, incoming, outgoing, upside down....that simple act of just marking all read fixed the issue. I wish I had found this hours ago when I first started trying to fix this. Thank you @Nerd Girl!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail