Infuse Car Dock Users

sbutcher

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

I ran out and grabbed the Infuse Car and Home Dock deal from ATT for 18 bucks. While the physical hardware has been nice, I am finding the software to be a bit of a pain. More importantly, the car dock is a bit testy for me, and making it so I am paying too much attention to it in order to get it to do what I want. This obviously is not the safest option.....so.....

I wanted to know from other users of this set up - how they have set up their phones to work with this docking device.

I was first running into issues where the Voice talk app was constantly asking, what do you want to do when I never prompted it to do so....not sure why but it was a pain - so much that I had to remove the phone from the docking station. The voice talk functionality doesn't seem to be very user friendly and I am wondering if this is possible a settings issue on my end? Can some of you provide any feedback and suggested Settings that I should apply to the phone/voicetalk so that I can maximize this set up in the safest way possible?

I have since gone out and downloaded the redirector tool and the CAr dock app from the market in hopes of fixing my problem but I think I have only complicated matters. For now, I am not using the Car dock until I can find some settings that will make this useable.

Hoping users of this solution can share their preferred settings that allows them to use this set up successfully on a daily basis.

Thanks for the education!

PS - Does anyone else hear an occasional "popping sound" when making selections while the phone is docked...also occurs sometimes when Pandora changes songs?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not hearing a popping sound but I am getting that annoying Voice Tak pop up.
I actually just posted yesterday for any tips on how to disable it from poping up.

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the car dock app that pops up either. After a few weeks of playing around with it I think I have my routine down. When I get in the car and pop it into the cradle the very first thing I do pull down the notification bar and turn that thing off. At that point I'm good to go.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have pics of my physical setup in this thread. I use Car Dock Ultra, which is a great app ($0.99) for accessing commonly used apps like Navigation, Waze, and my Podcasts. It also shows my heading, speed, and weather. I think there are a few things to consider:
  • If you are hearing a pop, the device may not be seated correctly in the dock. Make sure you push the bottom of the dock into the phone, as it slides in and out.
  • The Voice Talk thing gets hung up at times, but if you use a real car dock program and set it as the default app, then Voice Talk wont launch automatically.

Reactions: Taz420NJ

nandowong

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i used titanium backup pro to freeze "voice talk". Now when i insert the phone into the dock i hear a beep, but the app no longer start up :)

Demosthenes9

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I ran out and grabbed the Infuse Car and Home Dock deal from ATT for 18 bucks. While the physical hardware has been nice, I am finding the software to be a bit of a pain. More importantly, the car dock is a bit testy for me, and making it so I am paying too much attention to it in order to get it to do what I want. This obviously is not the safest option.....so.....

I wanted to know from other users of this set up - how they have set up their phones to work with this docking device.

I was first running into issues where the Voice talk app was constantly asking, what do you want to do when I never prompted it to do so....not sure why but it was a pain - so much that I had to remove the phone from the docking station. The voice talk functionality doesn't seem to be very user friendly and I am wondering if this is possible a settings issue on my end? Can some of you provide any feedback and suggested Settings that I should apply to the phone/voicetalk so that I can maximize this set up in the safest way possible?

Try turning off DOUBLE TAP under Voice Talk settings.

• Click on and bring up Voice Talk, then hit the bottom left button and click SETTINGS.
  • On the SETTINGS page, scroll down to the VOICE TALK section and click VOICE TALK SETTINGS.
  • On the next page, click on MOTION.
  • Next page, under MOTION ACTIVATION SERVICES, uncheck DOUBLE TAP.

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have pics of my physical setup in this thread. I use Car Dock Ultra, which is a great app ($0.99) for accessing commonly used apps like Navigation, Waze, and my Podcasts. It also shows my heading, speed, and weather. I think there are a few things to consider:
  • If you are hearing a pop, the device may not be seated correctly in the dock. Make sure you push the bottom of the dock into the phone, as it slides in and out.
  • The Voice Talk thing gets hung up at times, but if you use a real car dock program and set it as the default app, then Voice Talk wont launch automatically.

Wow that Car Dock Ultra is AWESOME!

(but it's $1.99, not $0.99.. Didn't stop me from buying it, it beats the hell out of the stock app)

sbutcher

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok folks...one more question that hopefully will help others...

Got the dock working like I want it now....only question that remains....how do you get the phone audio to pipe through the audio out? When I get a phone call, it doesn't send the sound through the audio out port on the dock so I can hear the conversation through my car stereo speakers. I hope this is an option - otherwise, you have to either talk on speakerphone - which isnt too loud - or take the phone out of the docking station to make a phone call.

Maybe I am missing something. Anyone figured out how to get their phone call to route through the car stereo speakers yet?

Thanks

btw...not using bluetooth in my setup - using the audio cable that plugs into RCAs on the back of the stereo.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
That's strange.. If it's detecting that it's docked, it should work. If it's not detecting the dock though, then the dock is defective. It makes no difference whether the audio jack is actually connected.

Try making sure that setting is checked (set it using the settings menu in CarHome Ultra), then hard reboot the phone (ie: take the battery out).

sbutcher

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Taz,

So you can hear your callers audio through your car speakers through the audio out port? I thought this was not possible with this phone but am happy to hear you are finding otherwise.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You cannot route in-call audio through the car dock. I'm not sure why this is, but it may have something to do with Samsung's hardware or software.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You cannot route in-call audio through the car dock. I'm not sure why this is, but it may have something to do with Samsung's hardware or software.
Wrong. Download Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector from the market. It will route your phone call audio to your car speakers along with your music. If you don't want your phone's ringer to blast your ears out, download Car Mode and your phone will ring through your phone's speakerphone instead of your car speakers. Car Mode does not launch automatically. You have to launch it manually and it does work with Car Home Ultra. If you want to use Bluetooth you can disable the audio routing in the Dock Sound Redirector app.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmoto

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing after reading some of these posts.

If you had purchased the OEM car dock for the SPH-D710, our phone, then I doubt you would have some of these issues.

I have both docks, that cheaper Infuse dock and the one made for our Epic 4G Touch from Samsung.

The docks are definitely not identical!

There is a fit issue with the Infuse, that you may not notice unless you have the Epic 4G version.

And there is something different in the chip inside the Infuse that doesn't always go into the car mode correctly.

With the Epic 4G version, it switches nicely to pushing audio through the external speakers when you have the audio cable plugged into the back of the dock.

But you have to make sure you have that set in the settings page under dock setting.

Phone calls will come through Bluetooth headphones if you have those on. And all other audio goes to the external dock's audio port.

But I do like that Car Dock Ultra, I'm going to check that out.

Almost forgot, there is a break away clip on the back of the Epic 4G version a nice feature.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had zero issues using the infuse car dock with the 3rd party app I mentioned above. The phone fits in it fine and it does everything it's suppose to do the same as the ET4G unit for a fraction of the cost. The phone goes into car mode every time without fail. If it makes you feel better by telling us the infuse docks don't work right because you spent $65 and we didn't that's the way it goes. I actually got my car and desk docks free because I bought the battery pack case for $5.00 extra and sold it on Ebay for $24.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky