Installing Windows on a ASUS flip C214 Chromebook

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all - I really cant seem to get on with the chrome OS , its OK but I am so used to windows (sorry for the language LOL) that I want to try loading windows on it and seeing how it performs.

I have got the gist of how to unlock the firmware protection of the chromebook by removing the battery and then coding with the shell command.

I wondered if anyone has tried out windows on this particular chromebook and how did it go?

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I don't have this particular Chromebook, but as for installing Windows on Chromebooks in genreal:

#1: A lot of Chromebooks won't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10 or 11 (the Windows versions which are still getting security updates).

#2: Even if yours meets the minimum requirements, the computer might not have enough resources for you to have a pleasant experience with Windoes.

#2: There's the matter of paying for a Windows license.Althoughgh you could skip that step; I don't think Microsoft will mind much. But an unactivated copy of Windows will have limitations, you won't be able to change all of the settings.

#3: There's the matter of drivers. Windows might not have the drivers to, for example, allow the touchscreen to work.

Bottom line: You could try it, but it might not work too well. You may be better off just treating the computer as an Android tablet. A Chrome OS tablet, with Android apps, is an Android tablet for most practical purposes.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29