Intermittent smurf-blue negative image whilst play continues with Chromecast with Google TV 2020

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whilst playing via any app (in other words, it's not a problem limited to one particular app), or even whilst on the home screen, the screen image go black for a second before continuing to play but having turned into a predominantly blue picture - like a negative image. After a minute or two, the screen will suddenly go black for a split second again and the picture will return to being correct and with full colour. This happens randomly and every 5 to 10 minutes or so. The Google dongle is plugged straight into the wall (ie not into an adaptor), the dongle is on the same router as the Android phone on which I have the Google Home app. My tv is a Sony Bravia and I'm not having any other problems with that tv when using the Samsung Blu-ray box with it and watching either linear tv on it or watching Netflix via it (we don't have Playstation etc). And the problem isn't limited to just this Chromecast. We purchased our first a fortnight ago and had the problem immediately. So took that Chromecast back and had it replaced, only to find the same issue. So, rather that being a problem with a particular unit, it seems there's either something inherently wrong with the way I'm using Chromecast or there's a compatibility issue. I've seen somebody online with what sounds like a similar problem but the issue didn't seem to get resolved. I've also seen a discussion about inverting the colour setting. But neither my unit nor my Android app seems to have that setting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You said the dongle is plugged directly into the wall -- do you mean that the AC adapter for the Chromecast is plugged directly into a wall outlet? The Chromecast is plugged into the TV's HDMI port, right?

What's the model number for the TV -- how old is it? Is its firmware up to date?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali