internal Memory loss issue

Casey419

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
ok so here is the deal, i have had my motorola triumph for about a year come the end of this summer, and i have never owned a droid before, and thus far the phone has been great to me and i have really enjoyed it. I put about 255mb worth of apps on it because i really didnt want to use up to much space on my phone because some of my friends have said putting on and off apps will slow down the phone.

so i noticed around Christmas time that my phone internal storage was going down, so i researched and got one of the better cleaning apps to clean catch and what not, and that took about 20mb off but it was still showing that my phone storage keeps going down. So finally i rooted my phone to remove some of my factory installed apps to make more room, mind you i only have about 30 apps total, but i got rid of them, and i freed up like 4mb. and i have one click cleaner and i have the widget up telling me how much storage i have, and everyday it continues to go down. about 4 weeks ago i had about 245Mb left on my phone, (and i had deleted alot of my apps already that i didnt use, pretty small ones to begin with) not 4 weeks later i am at 130Mb left and i have not added one thing to my phone! i have no idea what is taking up all that space or what keeps taking it!

does anybody know if rooting has anything to do with it? it seem to loose memory quicker with it. And trust me, i have tried so many different programs to clean my phone out, such as 1 click cleaner, one tap cleaner, SD maid with root (seems to do alot, but not for my phone) even using titianium back up to remove stock apps to make more space, i dont know what to do.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a task killer and cleaning out your cache, specifically? You don't need an app for cleaning your cache but it's easier.

Anyway, when I get about qpmb cache on my phone, I've noticed it gets super slow and. Clunky then. Some people whom I clean it out have as much as 30mb! I don't know how their phones don't come to a crawl when I handle them(they are laggy for the owners)
Try that, if it works, great, just keep up with it, if not, I have no idea and sorry.

That said, I install and uninstall apps a LOT. No real problems on my end with memory.

Also, putting your apps on the sd card will free up tons of internal storage :)

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
If you are using Google photos, check how much data is stored there. Google photos data can be safely deleted but will build up again as you use the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia