iPhone X

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
So I ran into my friend today who just got his iPhone X. He is a long time iPhone user and swears by them. To each their own. He took one look at my pixel 2xl and the exact words out of his mouth. “ holy s**t man that screen is huge and looks amazing. How much was that?” So much for all the screen hubbub. Well I told him and watched the light go out of his eyes that he spent $500 more than me for the iPhone. He also couldn’t stand faceId and was very disappointed with the lack of fingerprint sensor.

A few little tid bits about the iPhone. With all the iPhone light themed apps they are even worse than google haha. The bar at the top is the only thing I could look at, it makes the shade at the top look terrible. It felt very nice in hand, very solid. At the same time though slippery and fragile (glass back). Lastly I did activate at least 2 things I didn’t intend to due to the size and lack of bezels.

He asked me more questions than he ever has about my phone and android. As well as do I have any more questions about his new phone. I said I had one years and years ago it’s almost exactly the same, but I’ll let him know if I think of any. Lastly before he left I caught him on the google store looking at the pixel 2. So may have another convert guys.

Strange he even bought an iPhone X in the first place.

It's fine to like the iPhone X and still like another phone, but seems like he dun really like the iPhone X at all

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Just watched a video on the soon to be released Razer phone and the finger print scanner is also the power button. This might be a great phone looking at all the specs.
Sigh, the Sony Xperia's have had that for years. It's the best compromise in scanner positioning I've found. The Razer inherited that feature from the Nextbit Robin.

Userexists

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Strange he even bought an iPhone X in the first place.

It's fine to like the iPhone X and still like another phone, but seems like he dun really like the iPhone X at all

Oh I think he got caught up in the whole look a pretty new iPhone. I think a lot of people go through this with whatever phone manufacturer they like. I personally don’t really care who makes my phone just want what works for my needs. After I went through countless phones over the years. I have found nexus/pixels work the best for me. Nothing I don’t need and smooth experience. They just do what I need. Without the iOS limitations. If apple would open up their skin to more customization I would think about it for sure. It’s just to locked down. I just want to put things where I want them in the simplest terms.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Back fingerprint reader in the middle is best for me. Despise the fingerprint reader on the front of my iPhone 7s.

If you have a pixel and want to be more stealthy just double tap the screen to wake it up and swipe up to input your pin code. Or you can enable smart unlock with a Bluetooth device or use have unlock etc.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Im coming from pixel XL OG.
But decided to get IphoneX this year instead XL2... Blue tint is not tolerable for me...
My XL OG screen color is better...
I had a lot of issues on the BT not connecting and no sound on my bose....
Im will still keep my OG pixel XL.. i easily get bored so i always maintain both OS...
BT is a lot better on the X...

Im loving the faceid... It just works..
Even in a very dark room....

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
These threads are always hilarious, because I don't know any iPhone users who would take the blue monster Pixel over the iPhone X. Especially with this terrible rollout Google is having. From sending out phones without operating systems. The blue screens, the terrible trade in service. Just all bad in terms of PR. Verizon for sure won't be pushing the Pixel over the iPhone X guaranteed. I wouldn't want to be the salesman with that headache on my hands.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Most apple people want to be led like sheep and told how to use their phone.
My wife has a 8 plus, my company gave me a 6s plus.
Neither has swayed me in the least from the Pixel XL and now Pixel 2 XL.
If they weren't so close minded, they would switch

Not to many companies are going to take that security risk.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
These threads are always hilarious, because I don't know any iPhone users who would take the blue monster Pixel over the iPhone X. Especially with this terrible rollout Google is having. From sending out phones without operating systems. The blue screens, the terrible trade in service. Just all bad in terms of PR. Verizon for sure won't be pushing the Pixel over the iPhone X guaranteed. I wouldn't want to be the salesman with that headache on my hands.
I don't know many iPhone users who would leave iPhone simply due to the fact that they like iOS. So that alone would hold them regardless of everything else.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. Most of the people I know use the iPhone because everyone they know uses an iPhone. They don’t care about the icons or being able to make there screen look cool. They use it for networking and saying yes I can afford an iPhone which is very sad and shallow but true. The Pixel doesn’t have the type of trend going and never will. It’s not that type of device. And doesn’t target that audience.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. Most of the people I know use the iPhone because everyone they know uses an iPhone. They don’t care about the icons or being able to make there screen look cool. They use it for networking and saying yes I can afford an iPhone which is very sad and shallow but true. The Pixel doesn’t have the type of trend going and never will. It’s not that type of device. And doesn’t target that audience.

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance," said Ballmer. "It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get." - Steve Ballmer 2007

@phonejunky caution about predicting the future. Smarter men than you have tried and clearly failed at it.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance," said Ballmer. "It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get." - Steve Ballmer 2007
@phonejunky caution about predicting the future. Smarter men than you have tried and clearly failed at it.

How did Ballmer fail in his prediction. He was exactly right. ??????

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

How did Ballmer fail in his prediction. He was exactly right. 🤔

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Oh that’s what you’re getting at. Ok. Well Apple owns 43.6% of the market share. But when Ballmer made that statement he wasn’t looking at the market very accurately. Apples only real competitor was Blackberry. But now the Pixel has terrible advertising bad rollouts and a LOT of competition with their own operating system. It’s a different ball game. I think my prediction will be right on for the next 3 years at a minimum.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So you think Apple has no significant market share and 2%-3% market share!?!?

Apple did something only water and fried chicken have done. Made the business man, the hippy, the social activist, and grandmas and Grandpa’s around the world feel they need this device to live, be relevant, and do there jobs. The closest to that is no one. Everyone else has a specific target audience who they rely on to share their device and make more sales through customer advertising. Sole doesn’t need that at all. I know you’ve seen there commercials

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I will say I have a 7+ and am far from the typical sheeple. The one thing good I will say about it is it works without fail. Never had a single issue out of it or my previous 6+. Which is what I need in a phone. Nor have I had an issue with any iOS release in the two years I have been using it. Beyond that iOS is boring. I do miss Android.

I dunno, my wife has had an iPhone for several years now and even though we've bought her a new phone throughout the years, every time she has an ios, she had problems. I also have a guy I work with who purchased an 8+a few days ago and had so many problems transferring his contacts and other data, he said it was essentially unusable for 2 days.

So iPhones have their issues too.

anon(9681881)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
"but they have great customer service ..."

That is the funniest thing I have read all day. I contacted them a few times and it was like a Chinese fire drill. Useless bunch of morons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal