Is it normal for my tablet battery to be draining this fast? If not, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It's a new 7-inch Ematic EGQ373 tablet I got just at the beginning of this month, like 4 days ago, cost like $50.

I guess I use it pretty heavily but really I mainly just use Firefox to indulge in dorky content, Spotify for music, and the only other apps I more rarely use now are like Overdrive and Mega... I disabled aand uninstalled everything I could that I don't need or use. I use this tablet pretty much all the time I'm awake except when I'm showering or out, and the way I charge it is I use until the battery goes to 50%, then plug it in to charge until it's at least 98%, unplug, repeat. I still use my tablet when charging, doing slightly lighter tasks so it doesn't get too warm.

But when it's not charging, the battery drains like 1% every 1-2 minutes. So since I recharge at around 50%, it only lasts like an hour before I must plug it in again. I need to know, considering the frequency and heaviness of my usage, maybe is this normal? I hope it's not a bad sign, is it?

I don't plan on changing my usage habits but if there's another way to change this like a factory reset, I'd like to know if that's work. I need this tablet to last as long as possible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can see the images in post 5, so I approved it.

I agree, that's pretty fast drainage. See if it also happens in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.