Is it possable to have movies shortcuts on home screen to help disable person?

Frog Freak

Apr 26, 2019
Visit site
Here I go, I saved up a few months and bought myself my very first tablet ( Samsung tab A ) for a disabled person in my home. It was bought in mind for a person who could click a screen to play a movie. Keep in mind just 1-2 clicks would take 3-5 min to happen so having a movie on home screen is needed bad. How can I make a short cut of the movie to get easy? Without short cuts I feel the money is wasted. The $150 spent was not easy for me to get so any help needed on this problem is 100% welcome. I thank you for any help that could help me.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are these movies stored locally on the tablet (either on internal storage or on an SD if that tablet supports those)? If so - you can use a file manager (you're using one to access the movies anyway, right?) to make a shortcut on the home screen. I was able to do this with Solid Explorer, my preferred but not free file manager. Post which file explorer you're using and someone here might be able to give you specific instructions.

Frog Freak

Apr 26, 2019
Visit site
Are these movies stored locally on the tablet (either on internal storage or on an SD if that tablet supports those)? If so - you can use a file manager (you're using one to access the movies anyway, right?) to make a shortcut on the home screen. I was able to do this with Solid Explorer, my preferred but not free file manager. Post which file explorer you're using and someone here might be able to give you specific instructions.

It on sd card. I will look into a Solid Explorer. By chance can it make shortcuts per video or just the folder they are in?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter