Is it stupid to carry 2 devices!?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. :) There have in fact been occasions when I’ve misplaced a phone, when out or at home. Did I leave it in that shop? Did I put it down when taking those photographs? Did I leave it on the bus? Has it fallen out of a pocket? With two phones of the same OS, you can locate it in seconds.
It’s very unlikely that you would have a fired-up, logged-in, ready-to-use computer to hand at such a moment, so that method hardly stands comparison at all with the two-phones method.
I wear sleeveless jackets with many pockets, and I can if wished carry several phones with me. They are barely noticeable. I don’t in fact routinely carry two iPhones and two Androids, but I rarely carry only one phone. One may be a daily driver, the other particularly good for photography, for example. In the past, things were further complicated by Windows phones, which I now seldom use.

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I am all for using two phones, one at a time and alternating but I have never even thought to carry two at the same time.

I am sure if I did that the chances of me misplacing one of them would be very high. Also I would feel it is too bulky and I don't really feel there would be any point or advantage to it. Sure you could use one to find the other quickly but seems like an odd justification. Kind of like searching for problem before a solution.

But everyone is different. If you like having two phones with you at all times I don't see a problem with it. I might look at someone funny when they are using one phone and the other one they have rings but it is your money and freedom to do what you like to do.

I wouldn't say it is stupid to carry two phones at the same time but a little redundant.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I think it’s great.

The Google-infested phone (P7P) stays at home, where I do Googly things, and the P5 GrapheneOS phone (with only 17 active apps) is in my pocket whenever I go anywhere in the Real World. (so I guess I really don’t “carry 2 devices”)

I was using Bromite, and recently switched to Vanadium. I’m not sure why.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've carried two phones for so many years. It's second nature. I can't even tell you how easy it is for me. I just grabbed both of them on the way out. Sometimes they're both in the same hand. Sometimes I have one and one pocket and the other in my hand. Never any issues with leaving them behind... I don't know. I guess I find it so easy since it's been so long.. I get calls on both both phones and yes, sometimes people look at you. Weird when you're on a call and the other one rings lol.. I especially like talking on one phone and browsing on the other .. when I'm in the car sometimes I have my Android phone hooked up to AA running navigation and everything. And my iPhone is on the mount vent where I can take some FaceTime or calls so I find it quite handy.. I'm also not paying too much for the two lines . That is the biggest Plus right now.. One day I will go back to one phone then that will be the tough decision..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The real challenge is to one day carry all four of my phones.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app
Keep the dream alive my friend. I'm right there with you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app
Gotcha you guys
c6e5bf679e47943ada12b43293986bfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
The vest looks excellent for carrying them four phones. Or you can get like one of those gunslinger belts from the west. But I reckon cowboy I'm going to have to take my s22 Ultra and post this photo to my social media

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The vest looks excellent for carrying them four phones. Or you can get like one of those gunslinger belts from the west. But I reckon cowboy I'm going to have to take my s22 Ultra and post this photo to my social media

I actually saw a belt like that yesterday. In public. It happened. On the left side the weapon of choice was a wallet. On the right side rest a phone. A path cleared for him wherever he walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omcars