Is Moto Droid becoming outdated?

CarloJ#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just recently got my droid about 2 months ago. i hear all this talk about all these other phones. i thought the Droid was the flagship handset for VZW and Android. Has that tapered off and are we even gonna get Froyo?

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say it is. Yet. Since it is an iconic device for Verizon, and it also has better specs, it's entirely possible that it will see Froyo. That said, keep in mind how last year's flagship Android phone, the Hero ended up. Official word says that before its first birthday it became a legacy device... :(

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
it will soon be replaced by another droid. but no fears its hardware is good enough for eclair maybe even gingerbread so they may continue updating it. but thats all on verizon

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
it will soon be replaced by another droid. but no fears its hardware is good enough for eclair maybe even gingerbread so they may continue updating it. but thats all on verizon

Seeing the trend of updates, I don't think that you can expect more than one major version update for any phone curently on the market, if even that. Why would you buy new phones then? :) Except the Nexus One, of course, that will be cared for until the Nexus Two comes, whenever that will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jason S