is the power button or finger print only ways to turn on the screen?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Am I missing something, or is the fingerprint scanner and the power button the only ways to open the screen?

Last edited:

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: is the power button or finger printonly ways to turn on the screen?

Nope, you're not crazy. Double tap to wake would be nice. I'm personally missing the home button from my Note :(

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing something, or is the fingerprint scanner and the power button the only ways to open the screen?

Do we need more ways? Are those methods not sufficient enough? Do you want it to turn on after reciting the first verse of Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: is the power button or finger printonly ways to turn on the screen?

This works on the 6p and 5x, does it not on the Pixel with ambient display? (I'm getting mine tomorrow)
No, raise to wake does not activate the ambient display. It's still unsure whether or not that's a bug or a feature, but ambient display currently only comes on when a notification comes through.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah double tap would be nice, but my guess is that it uses battery to keep the screen active? I don't mind not to have that since you still need to type your password after you wake the phone. Fingerprint is still the way to go if you want to get to the home screen fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
factore