Is there a screen lock app?

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if this problem is unique to me......

I've been having trouble with my opposite arm inadvertently contacting my Gear 2 screen and messing things up. It happens mostly when I cross my arms wearing a short sleeved shirt and the back of my other arm touches the screen.

Mostly, the icons get moved around and messed up. But.. I've had the camera activated without my knowledge and have taken a lot of dark blurry pictures. The other day, I had my 'contacts list' opened without my knowledge and the watch dialed someone.

It would be nice if I could double press the main button and have the screen locked until it was double pressed again. The watch fance should still activate with a tilt of the wrist. I've looked for a Gear app that can disable the screen, but have met with no luck.

Is there such a thing?

moheeb

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
If there is a demand on this feature, developers will create it. The problem with wear devices is the limited number of users compare to normal apps and the difficulties in monetizing these apps.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea, for such a program to be created, it will either be because of demand, or perhaps by someone proficient in Tizen programming who has the same problem I do :)

Oh well... I wonder how many others here have had the same thing happen to them (at least once)?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how many others here have had the same thing happen to them (at least once)?

I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. They are constantly/accidentally? rearranging my screens and calling people from my watch. I use motion based wake up, but they've figured out the button, too... It's supposed to be my toy! ;)

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's more complicated: the Tizen wearable framework has severe limitations. I doubt if such an app is possible, it requires a strong integration with the underlying system.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
@moheeb This is a forum for Gear smartwatches running on Tizen wearable.

Posted via the Android Central App

keefnet

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here -- even found my phone calling people as my forearm swiping the screen somehow did recall last number -- on more than one occasion.
You would think a relatively simple app: integrated to double tap would be good -- double tap, disable touch screen but keep watch enable on lifting wrist and only disable screen touch sleep when you push button again - how difficult would that really be.
Alternative is get a pebble -- :) The new pebble time seems to have what I want - notifications, custom always on watch face, and I don't; really need SIM support in the phone even though I have one but haven't managed to get a signal...... I might not be able to resist.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I'm missing something or not, but it seems to me, that turning off the motion wake would solve your problem. With it off, you have to push the button to activate the display. I have motion wake set to on and I honestly haven't run into issues with the watch messing up when I cross my arms.

FWIW,
BigRedGonzo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal