Is there a way to access 4.3 notification sounds and move them to 4.4 ?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
On my N4 with 4.3 I used the Tejet sound a lot. 4.4 doesn't have this sound. Is there a way to somehow get this sound onto 4.4?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, just pull the file from a 4.3 rom or factory image. Sound files are located at system>media>audio. There you will find the folders for alarms, ringtones, and notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My N4 has the Tejat sound, and I'm running 4.4 with no extra sounds. Have you flashed the factory image or were you lucky enough to receive to OTA update already?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, just pull the file from a 4.3 rom or factory image. Sound files are located at system>media>audio. There you will find the folders for alarms, ringtones, and notifications.

Too much work, also not for people without root. Just copy and sound file into a folder called "Alarms" "Ringtones" or "Notifications" in the internal storage itself.

You should be able to access /system/media/audio/ using ES File Explorer without root to copy the files.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Too much work, also not for people without root. Just copy and sound file into a folder called "Alarms" "Ringtones" or "Notifications" in the internal storage itself.

You should be able to access /system/media/audio/ using ES File Explorer without root to copy the files.

I was telling him where to pull it from on 4.3, not where to put it on 4.4. I wasn't sure if it is a notification or ringtone. Obviously, once you pull it from 4.3, you can just stick in the notifications folder on external storage. That is where I have my custom notifications at. However, as I came back and said, thanks to someone pointing it out, it is already on 4.4.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My N4 has the Tejat sound, and I'm running 4.4 with no extra sounds. Have you flashed the factory image or were you lucky enough to receive to OTA update already?

Oops, I wasn't clear. I also have a Nexus 5, which in many ways I have set up to be like my N4. The N5 doesn't come with Tejet. I thought I looked for it in the right places in the N4 but will look again....

Edit: All is right in the world again. Used AirDroid to poke around System and grab out "old" notifications from my N4. Used the regular file manager to put the desired notification onto the N5.

Last edited: