Is this Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 System Update Real?

A

AC Question

Today (1/13/17) I received an Android System update notification on my S4. The last S4 update was many many months ago (Android 5.01 I believe) I have performed EVERY update since receiving my phone. This update seems odd and out of the blue, since the S4 is at least 3 generations old, especially since Verizon & Samsung have not been pushing out the newest Android system update versions on a phone this old. So, I'm thinking that I may have picked up a virus/malware. I update my Antivirus Apps and scan my S4 regularly with BitDefender and the pre-installed Verizon antivirus app & all the scan results are negative. Has anyone received this new notification and performed the update OK??

ToxicReap

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Today (1/13/17) I received an Android System update notification on my S4. The last S4 update was many many months ago (Android 5.01 I believe) I have performed EVERY update since receiving my phone. This update seems odd and out of the blue, since the S4 is at least 3 generations old, especially since Verizon & Samsung have not been pushing out the newest Android system update versions on a phone this old. So, I'm thinking that I may have picked up a virus/malware. I update my Antivirus Apps and scan my S4 regularly with BitDefender and the pre-installed Verizon antivirus app & all the scan results are negative. Has anyone received this new notification and performed the update OK??
I went into setting and hit system updates . This automatically brought up the update menu . I guess it's ok .

spbull

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I submitted the original question on 1/13/17. Many thanks for the responses. Looks like I can go ahead and do the update. I hope it goes well and does not introduce issues (like the updates sometimes do)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais