Is waterproofing really that important to you?

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Had an Xperia z2 in 2014, Galaxy s5, Galaxy s7. All water resistant . Not everyone is balking because of the iPhone.
This was not seen as Con until Apple did it name a review that shows no waterproof as a con and I will retract my statement

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So I guess this is kind of like how the apple phones were. I read that iPhone have always been pretty good with water resistant even before the iPhone 7. Apple just didn't officially got it certified before.

That is often how it is. Just because they are not rated doesn't mean they cannot put up with a little moisture. I would imagine that not claiming a device as waterproof absolves the manufacture of some liability.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This was not seen as Con until Apple did it name a review that shows no waterproof as a con and I will retract my statement

Yeah but you weren't specifically talking about reviews, but people on here that prefer waterproofing. I'm saying as android fans, many of us have had waterproofing for years and would rather keep it.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
That is often how it is. Just because they are not rated doesn't mean they cannot put up with a little moisture. I would imagine that not claiming a device as waterproof absolves the manufacture of some liability.

Yeah. It all comes down to cost. Maybe next year they will invest the money into getting it certified.

RickyRiccardo

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
waterproofing is like insurance, don't really need it as a necessity until you do. like when you dunk it in water. it's definitely an awesome feature to have, if not simply for peace of mind knowing your expensive new phone won't get pooched when it comes into contact with water. I bought an insurance plan on my current phone just in case something like this were to happen

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but you weren't specifically talking about reviews, but people on here that prefer waterproofing. I'm saying as android fans, many of us have had waterproofing for years and would rather keep it.
Yeah prefer it great but could never be a deal breaker

shebamehr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally i've never dropped a phone in a pool or toilet and am very careful with my devices, so its not a deal breaker for me. I have a feeling we'll see future phones taking the waterproofing route though, as it seems to be becoming the new industry standard (Samsung Galaxy S line, and now iPhone 7).

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Would rather have it than not have it, but I don't care about waterproofing. I would never in a million years have my phone near a pool, bath, shower, etc. and every phone can survive being used in light rain or whatever. It's good if you accidentally drop it into water, but that's about it (for me). Does not affect my purchase decision. Waterproof phones have been around for a long time if it was a must-have, there is nothing special at all about the Apple waterproofing (it's even a low waterproofing IP specification compared to a Galaxy S7 which came out much earlier).

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Does it not rain in Mountain View, California? If so, that may explain why Google's engineers didn't obther waterproofing the Pixel phone. If they live on the east coast or Florida, I'm sure they would have insisted on waterproofing. My town got about 157 days during the last 12 months, according to Wikipedia. Not being able to use the phone in light rain(even under umbrella) is just a very risky proposition.

Every phone I've ever had I've used it in light rain and under an umbrella, I've never had a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rschat1020