Issue with setting different sounds for individual apps notifications in Secure Folder

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
good day,
i am having issues with setting different sound notifications for individual apps within secure folder.

so when i go settings>notifications and data>app notifications>choose app> and go to sound i dont get the option
to add custom sounds, like i normally would outside of secure folder. i only get the default options.
so i am asking if this is possible.
i like to have different sounds for different apps so if i'm not close to my phone or its charging,
i know if the notification is an important one.
i normally download stuff from Zedge, so i tried copying those sounds to secure folder,
that went good, but still not getting the option to choose a custom sound for an app.
Help please.

(side note)
i do use edge lighting as well with diff sound notifications but we know that doesnt stay on forever,
and i dont have all options,
i cant use around my punch-out selfie "dark hole" i think its call, maybe due to the screen my phone has.
i couldnt get "Good Lock" because so many things are "not available in your country"
but i was able to get the Nice Lock alternative and that is working, so if i can use any of those modules to rectify
my issue, just let me know.

i also like to use stuff native to the phone, i dont have any 3rd party launchers at this time.

if i cannot set different sounds for individual app within secure folder, and i have to move them out,
is there a way i can secure individual apps outside of secure folder, with lets say, biometrics??
i know whatsapp has that option built within the app and i love it and wish more apps had that option built in
(but with whatsapp going and sharing info with FB i'm jumping ship...but that's a convo for another time)

so these are my issues and i hope i can get a solution within secure folder, because i want my stuff secure, obviously
but if not, is there a way to secure individual apps with biometrics outside of secure folder.

a got a Samsung A71, Android 10 One UI 2.5

thanks

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
18 days later, more than 100 plus views, nobody has a suggestion for me?? HMM

GUESS I WILL HAV TO TRY DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE MATTER.

oh well... was worth a try, thought you guys knew it all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't use secure folder to know what is capable but if it has My Files which is Samsung file manager can put those tones in ringtones file and notifications file there

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site

thank you very much, when i read this thread, i put my own experience with the information from that thread and i was able to figure it out and get it working.

can i ask tho, why you or @mustang7757 dont use the secure folder?? how else do you guys secure information on your phone if the individual apps dont provide a security feature ..... bcuz thats the main reason i use secure folder.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thank you very much, when i read this thread, i put my own experience with the information from that thread and i was able to figure it out and get it working.

can i ask tho, why you or @mustang7757 dont use the secure folder?? how else do you guys secure information on your phone if the individual apps dont provide a security feature ..... bcuz thats the main reason i use secure folder.
I don't use it because I have fingerprint and password on my phone and no one uses it but me, I did back when it was first introduce but found no needs for it .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here -- I use fingerprint and make sure the lock timeout is set to a pretty short interval. I also have a Pixel 3 XL, which doesn't have a Secure Folder (although the Files app does have a similar feature for files only called Safe Folder).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174