issues with Google play

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Been having issue switch Google play movies crashing all the time when trying to use the app before the update. Still having the issue now after Android 10 update. I've done everything besides resetting my phone. Now after the update the play store crashes. Have to wipe storage now and then reopen it to get it to work. I've wiped system cache, I've wiped Google framework services, I've tried to update Google play services when I get the notification but Everytime I tap it to go to update I don't see the option to update. Only get an option to deactivate.

This is getting annoying.

Anybody else having this issue

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Been having issue switch Google play movies crashing all the time when trying to use the app before the update. Still having the issue now after Android 10 update. I've done everything besides resetting my phone. Now after the update the play store crashes. Have to wipe storage now and then reopen it to get it to work. I've wiped system cache, I've wiped Google framework services, I've tried to update Google play services when I get the notification but Everytime I tap it to go to update I don't see the option to update. Only get an option to deactivate.

This is getting annoying.

Anybody else having this issue

Have you tried uninstalling the Google Movies app and then reinstall it? This usually works with issues on this app.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have to do that anytime I wanna get into google play store. I have even wiped system cache as well in recovery. Still have issues with both google play store and movies. And google play services update notification.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a long shot, but check Android System Webview in the Play Store. If it shows there's an update, then update it. If it's already up to date, then go the opposite way and uninstall all updates. Updates to Webview can sometimes cause glitches in certain devices, which is why I suggest uninstalling updates as an option.

In Nougat through Pie, Chrome took over the Webview function (but went back to Android System Webview in Android 10). I'm assuming that's what Samsung does in Android 10 as well, but on the off chance that Android System Webview is showing up as Disabled (which would mean that Chrome is still handling Webview in Android 10 on Samsung phones), then do the above with Chrome instead.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
This is a long shot, but check Android System Webview in the Play Store. If it shows there's an update, then update it. If it's already up to date, then go the opposite way and uninstall all updates. Updates to Webview can sometimes cause glitches in certain devices, which is why I suggest uninstalling updates as an option.

In Nougat through Pie, Chrome took over the Webview function (but went back to Android System Webview in Android 10). I'm assuming that's what Samsung does in Android 10 as well, but on the off chance that Android System Webview is showing up as Disabled (which would mean that Chrome is still handling Webview in Android 10 on Samsung phones), then do the above with Chrome instead.

I ended up just doing a factory reset. Even went ahead and formatted SD card after backing up the files I wanted to keep.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Waiting to hear the end result here too...

I'm having exact same issues since the Android 10 update on my Verizon Note 10+5G. Google Play Movies crashes every time I try to leave the main screen via the Library or Watchlist screen (which essentially means the app is useless), and I have to force stop and clear the cache/data on Play Store once I've exited the app for any prolonged length of time, as it will no longer run.

I'm to the stage of last resort as well (factory reset), but I fail to see how that's my fault...it was fine before this update. *sigh

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with Google music, it keeps stopping in the middle of a song, I hit play it starts the song over. I tried to update it, but there isn't an update. I'm going to try a few of your remedies and see if it works....

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
What version does yours say ? Have you tried to clear data, cache,force stop it ?

Oops, sorry, I need to change my notifications, didn't realize there were responses so quickly.

My Android version just lists as "10", but the Build number is "QP1A.190711.020.N976VVRS2BSLA". The Play Store version is "18.4.15-all [0] [PR] 289494851".

I have been doing the force stop, clear cache and data method of getting the app to function, but after a few times of running it, the force stops will always return. I have recently come across the suggestion of clearing the cache and data in the following: Google Play services, Google Play Store, and Google Services Framework...and then rebooting the phone. First two attempts at running Play Store have been successful thus far. I'll report back if it crashes, or if I have several days of crash-free operation.

Google Play Movies (version 4.17.34) appears to be working as well after clearing those. Again, I shall report back.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's been 24 hours, and no forced closes. Play Movies is even working, I was able to watch content on my device through it (not even just browse but library). I think it's safe to declare clearing the cache/data on those three applications (services, store and framework) and a reboot is the fix. Very glad I did not have to wipe my device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, it's been 24 hours, and no forced closes. Play Movies is even working, I was able to watch content on my device through it (not even just browse but library). I think it's safe to declare clearing the cache/data on those three applications (services, store and framework) and a reboot is the fix. Very glad I did not have to wipe my device.
That's great , glad it worked!
Yeah not fun factory reset your phone.