I've come to a decision.

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It seems that viewing these forums and reading about past, current, and upcoming phones is simply overwhelming when trying to decide what device to upgrade to. In the past I have tried to get the latest, greatest, and most relevant in 22 months when the next upgrade is available.

Now the phones are coming out rapidly and I'm also afraid market saturation may be a factor soon. Finding the next best thing is irrelevant now that technology is advancing as fast as it is and 22 months becomes a long way off.

So, decision time. I have until mid July and I fully intend to upgrade from my BB Storm2 then. I don't need 4G. Seriously. It will hit my area in two weeks but I don't spend most of the day using the browser apps. I do access the network for other apps but if the speeds on my next device are faster than the Storm2, which won't be difficult to attain, then it will suffice.

I'm not settling, I'm making a conscious decision to not overwhelm myself with choices. The Thunderbolt, Charge, and Revolution feel big in my hand. Too big. The Inc2 does not even though the size difference is minimal. It really feels right. I like the Sense UI. I like the fact that it will be getting Gingerbread.

I'm choosing the Incredible 2. Saving my pennies now...

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not settling, I'm making a conscious decision to not overwhelm myself with choices. The Thunderbolt, Charge, and Revolution feel big in my hand. Too big. The Inc2 does not even though the size difference is minimal. It really feels right. I like the Sense UI. I like the fact that it will be getting Gingerbread.

This is how I ended up deciding on the Incredible 2.

I came from a Storm 1. There is a lot to learn once you get your Inc2. You will find little things the Android platform does not do (without getting an app to do it) that the BlackBerry's can natively (i.e. Bedside Mode, categorize browser bookmarks, set alerts notifications to e-mails, [but I still have not found an app for this]). But, there is a lot the Android platform can do that really makes the things it can't do seem really small. Overall I thing you will be happy with the switch. Enjoy!!

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I too have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to get since I can upgrade on 7th of this month. I live in San Diego which does have 4g. I went to Verizon to see just how much faster it was for browsing, and while it is indeed faster IMO for myself is not worth it. So I narrowed my choice down to either the Droid X2 or the DInc2. While I like the Tegra 2 in the X2 I have read and heard a lot about the random issues that pop up with all Moto Android devices. And if you ask me when I used them side by side the DInc2 felt much smoother and loaded the same webpage (androidcentral.com, the full page) quicker. The X2 was really laggy when going between home screens compared the DInc2. So I think I will be picking that up as well especially since it is going for $79 at Costco.

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
As consumers, we will NEVER be head of the curve. It's just not going to happen. I basically needed a phone before I came back from Iraq, my area will not be getting 4G/LTE anytime soon. Hell, not even in 2012. So the Inc 2 was the best 3G VZW had(excluding iPhone).

I have temp rooted and it's pretty bad ass now.

WARNING! Verizon has put an insane amount of bloatware on this thing. 99% you will never use for as long as you have this phone. If you can live with that until you decide to root the phone and freeze them, you're golden.

Also, don't get the phone from Verizon. Go check out Amazon, Tigerdirect or Wirefly. They seem to always the best prices online.

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've looked at Amazon and Newegg this last week. Definately cheaper. I'll look at those other sites too, thanks. I wonder if I call Verizon's customer service they can match those prices. I've had pretty good luck dealing with them in the past on other phone purchases.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would definitly agree that the Incredible 2 is the best 3g device. Even though the droid x2 has a dual core processer, it won't make that much of a difference.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the Incredible 2 is just perfect in the hand. And when I say perfect, I mean so knife-edge perfect that even putting a semi-rigid case on it just barely tipped the scales to make it slightly heavier than I wanted - and the case by itself is light as a feather. Naked, the weight is perfect, the size is perfect. They really hit it. I definitely liked my Thunderbolt's bigger screen, but am much happier I retreated from the hassles of that phone. Never buying another phone with the idea that I can put up with bad battery life or will be willing to do the tweaking and active management required to get better life. With that said, there are times when I wish this thing would load a page faster, so I do wish I had 4G at least available to toggle on as needed but otherwise be off for battery reasons like I did with the Thunderbolt. I really am surprised this phone didn't make a bigger splash, because it seems like the phone for the masses.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Everyone of you that posted on this thread, gave a good common sense reply. I too just bought the Dinc2 for the same reasons and am glad that I did.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Storm2. I am happy for sure but still do miss some BB functions as noted. This phone is perfect in the hand for sure. I think the form factor and sense make it tops.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
HTC has a great line of phones. I have the original Incredible and totally love it. Nothing can beat it in my opinion. I am not ready for the quirks the 4G network has. Loads up just fine. I have notifications set the way I want and all is well. I never have problems, this phone is the best.

chaqfoistylo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to get since I can upgrade on 7th of this month. I live in San Diego which does have 4g. I went to Verizon to see just how much faster it was for browsing, and while it is indeed faster IMO for myself is not worth it. So I narrowed my choice down to either the Droid X2 or the DInc2. While I like the Tegra 2 in the X2 I have read and heard a lot about the random issues that pop up with all Moto Android devices. And if you ask me when I used them side by side the DInc2 felt much smoother and loaded the same webpage (androidcentral.com, the full page) quicker. The X2 was really laggy when going between home screens compared the DInc2. So I think I will be picking that up as well especially since it is going for $79 at Costco.

I'm in the exact same boat as you- Live in San Diego w/ 4G, don't really need it; was deciding between the DX2 and the DInc2. Haven't used them at all, but based on extensive research, I think I'm going with the DInc2. Looking forward to temp-rooting and freezing/removing the VZ bloatware. Anybody have any issues with that?

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
IMO this phone has not gotten the praise or publicity it deserves. In some way I'm happy for that. It's flying under the radar with all the 4G hype going about. I can't wait for my upgrade and am really looking forward to this phone.

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't even looking to get another phone, I was just actually helping my brother pick out his. It was actually after I had handled the device and felt how nice it was that I did some research to compare it to other release and near release devices. Nothing else looked interesting that was coming out and nothing else that was out already fit as good in the hands

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've made the same decision as you I'm getting a dinc2 in July. I was seriously thinking about getting the tbolt, but I probably won't get 4g at my house and it just feels so much bigger than the dinc2. Also the battery life was a big deal for me

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a lot to like about this phone. It maybe the best 3g phone out there at the moment. I really kind of like sense, which i honestly didn't think I would. I bought this phone the day after it came out and have been extremely happy. I have had very few issues. The best feature of the phone is the design itself. It just feels perfect in hand.. not too big or small and the the grip is awesome. I actually like the plain black design... simple but nice looking. It doesn't look like a toy!
I know 3g will eventually be on its way out, but that won't be for some time and it does everything I need it to do right now without issues such at outages or battery drain. I had grown tired of the waiting for the latest and greatest.. and decided this was more than enough phone to meet my needs.. i don't regret the decision at all! At pricing available now online it is simply a no brainer.. best deal in town!!

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm encouraged by the good reviews. My OG Droid is due to be replaced in July and the Dinc2 is the only 3G phone that has really captured my interest. My area (Richmond, VA) isn't scheduled for 4G in the foreseeable future, AFAIK, and I'm not that concerned about downloading anything other than the usual web pages. I don't have the time or interest to watch movies or TV on my phone. I'll give VZW another two years to improve 4G and hopefully battery technology will catch up.

Has anyone tethered their Dinc2 to a tablet? That's my other hoped for purchase.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to agree: DINC2 over the DX2 any day.(Actually I'd even take a new OG X over the X2).The DINC2 will get a lot more attention if/when HTC's new bootloader policy comes to it.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems that viewing these forums and reading about past, current, and upcoming phones is simply overwhelming when trying to decide what device to upgrade to. In the past I have tried to get the latest, greatest, and most relevant in 22 months when the next upgrade is available.

Now the phones are coming out rapidly and I'm also afraid market saturation may be a factor soon. Finding the next best thing is irrelevant now that technology is advancing as fast as it is and 22 months becomes a long way off.

So, decision time. I have until mid July and I fully intend to upgrade from my BB Storm2 then. I don't need 4G. Seriously. It will hit my area in two weeks but I don't spend most of the day using the browser apps. I do access the network for other apps but if the speeds on my next device are faster than the Storm2, which won't be difficult to attain, then it will suffice.

I was in the same boat as you. I came from a Storm 2, then a BB Bold 9650 and I was looking to switch to a droid or iphone. Since the DINC2 was global, I gave that a look. The size was absolutely perfect.... as is the iphone as well. Actually, they look a lot alike when you hold them together however, the DINC 2 is sexier in my view and its actually thinner! Add a seidio active case and its one sexy phone! I have mine in burgendy/black.

I wanted to skip 4g as well as I thought it was hyped up way too much and battery life was far more important. And now that I have been using this thing for a month now, all I can say is that it is amazing, and amazingly fast! Remember, you and I are both coming from Blackberry.... so the difference is very very clear. I can definately see myself with this thing for the next 2 years and I wont miss 4g or my old blackberry in the least. Also, I believe gingerbread already came out for the DINC S so its just a matter of time till its available for the 2! So take the time to learn it... it can be overwhelming and confusing at first. but once you get the idea of how android works, you'll wonder why you didn't make this switch sooner!

Oh wait, then the DINC2 wouldnt of been out yet lol.... so your timing is perfect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear