I've got a Pixel C, you've got questions. Fire away!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my Surface 3 with a Pixel C and am much happier. Previously, I had a MacBook 12-inch. IMO, the Pixel C looks and feels better than the MacBook and Surface. Before that I had an LG G Pad X 10.1 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. This Pixel seems to offer the best blend of gaming, and content consumption in the hands and productivity in the Folio Keyboard Cover. Video out and LTE are the only options I would have like to see.

I'm debating on replacing my MacBook with this and my iPhone with the 6P. My only worries are the wifi and touch screen issues I've seen reported on the Pixel. Definitely makes me hesitant.

What do you like more about the Pixel over the MacBook?

Joseph Sheu

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Phil, not sure if this thread is still alive, but I've got a question that perhaps only the resources of AC can answer!

I have a Pixel C and a Nexus 6P. From what I understand, the Pixel C supports the 12v at 2Amp PD profile under USB - C, whereas the N6P supports 5V at 3Amp.

Both my devices shipped with 5v at 3Amp. I'd like to find a charger that will charge the Pixel C at its maximum rate of 24w AND also be able to charge the N6P at its maximum of 15W.

From what I am led to believe, the Apple Macbook charger at 29W does NOT do this, as it uses non standard profiles (typical?)

I can't seem to find anyone who has tried the chromebook pixel's 60W charger with both devices.

Can AC do a test to tell us if it will charge both N6P (5v at 3A) and the Pixel C (12V at 2A) at maximum rates? or if there is another charger out there that will? (ruling out laptop style chargers like the innergie powergear)

Thanks!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 9 had its positives, but it was the worst Nexus device I have ever owned (and I've owned them all).

Worse than the Galaxy Nexus? My used N9 is running better now than the original N7 was at its age. N10 even had performance issues until Jelly Bean.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jan Egeriis

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Currently it is not possibe to buy Pixel C in Denmark, but it seems to be the right tablet for me...
Before I go through a lot of trouble buying it in UK, and have it shipped to Denmark, can you please check for me:

Is it possible to enable Danish keyboard (software off course) ??

Kind regards
Jan

JuanchyPergamino

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Can't browse saved documents in pixel c

Hi.
I'm trying to apply for a job online but although the different sites give me the option to browse and attach my CV saved in the tablet, I can't browse for it.

Is this a setting thing I need to change, an app that I need to install or something else. Please help!!

kuau

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a used Pixel C and I am trying to get the latest Android N build.
I have my Pixel C registered in the Google Beta program, but it will not download the latest build N over OTA. I signed up 4 days ago and still no update. I would download the file directly but I don't have the USB cable I have will not work with ADB on my Windows laptop
Thanks

Jeff Green3

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I installed the new system update but the notification still appears

I installed the new system update to my Pixel C but the notification still appears. How do I clear the notification?

Steve Van Maanen

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 209201

Hey, folks. I've been playing with the Pixel C for a day now. Working on more stories on the blog side of things. But if you've got questions, I'll find answers. Fire away!

Hi
I'm considering a pixel c to watch NBA in my lunch breaks. Issue is you will need to tether. Will this be fast enough to enjoy live streaming NBA? I have a nexus 7 that does the job well but I want a bigger screen.
Ta
Steve

socaljake

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi Phil, I'm thinking about picking up a Pixel C to jump fully on board with the google ecosystem.

Question about how external hard drives work with the pixel C. With an external flash drive or hard drive connected, is it possible to play/access files directly from the drive without having to first transfer them to the device? E.g. play a video from an external hard drive without having to actually transfer the video onto the device. Thanks a lot!

PixelBK

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Why is there no setting to automatically turn on the Battery Saver after charging? As it is, once the phone is charged, the Battery Saver is turned off. I have to remember to manually turn on the Battery Saver again. Otherwise, the battery drains twice as fast even during idle.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is there no setting to automatically turn on the Battery Saver after charging? As it is, once the phone is charged, the Battery Saver is turned off. I have to remember to manually turn on the Battery Saver again. Otherwise, the battery drains twice as fast even during idle.

Phone? This is the forum for the Pixel C Tablet. Your post seems to be in the wrong place.

mortezaLM

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
hi.im a fan of nexus and pixel devices.I live in iran and i have bought a PIXEL C tablet from amazon. i got it and tried to start it up and as u know it first needs to Update the android on it and in my case it shows the file is 1125 mb. but I think because of sanctions against my country it cant dnld and update the android. after i chose the wifi connection and go to next page it shows COULDNT DOWNLOAD on top right corner and only option is to RETRY DOWNLOAD which doesnt help. and i cannot even go back to wifi selecting page after that so i have to turn it off and so it repeatswith every different server or wifi connection i have tried. please dont tell me its not possible to sort it out.

GBurns53

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Right now it's very much just an Android tablet. BUT ... As there aren't yet any other sort of smart covers or anything, the keyboards are a good way to protect the display when not in use. (That's an expensive way to do that though.)

I've had the pixel c for 8 months and I can't imagine not using the keyboard almost exclusively. It rarely comes off. It types just like a keyboard and it sits perfectly on you. It makes a tablet 'hands free', which comes up almost all the time. It's much easier to sit down and pick up. I bet people who didn't get it don't understand what they're missing. You'll find yourself using your laptop far less, maybe not at all depending on what you use it for. My pixel c has become my laptop for personal use.

Pixelc

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I am having a problem charging my Pixel C so I purchased a SONEic rapid USBc charger with with cable. The cable seemed to be more secure in the usbc port. The battery icon on the top right of my Pixel C had the battery with the "lightening bolt" in it but in the settings menu under battery header it revealed the same charging level for almost 24 hours (55%). I unplugged the new charger. Waited a few minutes and and then looked at the battery level under the settings menu. It said the battery was FULL, but I only had 6 hours left on the battery. I am so confused and have no idea where to go from here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
In the UK Google store the price of the standard keyboard is lowered from £119 to £73 !! Good discount, bought one. Works like a charm. I have upgraded to Android O beta. Works really Well, mouse pointer moves smoothly and quickly, with No jerking motion like in the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Unfortunately there is Still no HDMI out. Where Google bull****ting everyone when they said that they where working in it? Anybody heard anything about it?

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the tab, realized I"m not a tablet person but I have to say though. If I'd have to get one, I would definitely pick up the Pixel C. Also if you've watched the new Wonder Women movie, shes uses a Pixel C.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais