"I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
For the record, Samsung is also honoring the Gear VR/6 games promo regardless of where you ordered it. Since I didn't need the SD card, I avoided Best Buy thanks to some of horror stories you guys have shared when ordering from them. In all fairness, there's horror stories from all places.

Posted via the Android Central App

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Pre-Ordered Silver S7E on T-mobile. Called in and was able to get a $100 bill credit as well. ( I am a 14 year customer and have been able to negotiate that the last 3 phones I ordered.)

Total cost with tax was $844.34 - $100 bill credit = $744.34. Tax of $64 had to be pre-paid. So, I am out $32.50 for 24 months. I used Jump and turned in an LG G4 that I still owed $290 on. I couldn't net $290 anywhere for this LG G4 if I sold it outright.

Don't think that is a great deal but as good as I am going to get and I am sitting on a "Boot Loop" time bomb with this LG G4. Even though I am ditching you, Please survive until March 11th G4!

Dave Wong

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered S7 Edge / AT&T / Black from Best Buy, to get the 64GB SD card and VR, and about $15 in rewards credits. I'm not eligible for any upgrades, to I paid the full amount of $850 (including tax) up front. (Hoping to get at least $450 for my S6 64gb on Ebay.) Scheduled to pick up on 3/11.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black, Silver, or Gold? What are you choosing?

Black, from Verizon. With a 200GB SD card this baby is going to be a beast. :cool:

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

So I pre-ordered the Silver from my carrier, ordered a SD card from Amazon (Sandisk Ultra 128GB) and a USB drive to get my media off the S6 Edge + (would be easy if it had a SD card). Looking for a case. And will go with a zagg screen protector, I so want tempered glass, but with the edge, I don't see where that will ever be possible.

SPARTONY

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy so I got the Oculus and 64GB card for free. Plus I switched phone carriers from Sprint to Verizon. Ordered the S7 Edge in silver. Damn, now reading other posts about trouble with Best Buy making me nervous. While I was there (noon Eastern time), they said they were having problems with the pre order system but mine went through smoothly. 3 other people came in after me to get same thing too

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you order your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge? Sound off below!

• Color?
  • Carrier?
  • Throwing a SD card in it?
  • Did you order directly from a carrier or somewhere else (Bestbuy or whichever)?

Color? Black :D, I'm so excited about this phone.
Carrier? AT&T
Throwing a SD card in it? 128gb Sandisk or 64b Sandisk extreme
Did you order directly from a carrier or somewhere else (Bestbuy or whichever)? Ordered from the death star themselves.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Galaxy S7 Edge!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

How much does the speed matter between the 48mb/s and the 80 mb/s considering the cost difference?

Edit: Scratch that just read the AC article on the best SD card.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

So I pre-ordered the Silver from my carrier, ordered a SD card from Amazon (Sandisk Ultra 128GB) and a USB drive to get my media off the S6 Edge + (would be easy if it had a SD card). Looking for a case. And will go with a zagg screen protector, I so want tempered glass, but with the edge, I don't see where that will ever be possible.

Zagg is coming out with a tempered glass protector for the Edge.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...y-device/galaxy-s7-accessories&token=a0ELz4FC

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Gold
AT&T
Using a 64GB ScanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card in it.
I have an estimated ship date of 3/7/2016. They did not offer overnight shipping.

Ordered in an AT&T corp store. While I ordered it, I asked about the Gear S2 and they said you get one free is you order a new Samsung phone. So I got a regular Gear S2 4G for nothing. It adds $10 to my plan, but can act along as a phone and text device with Numbersync. Very cool stuff and I get the Gear VR by turning in my proof of purchase. So I walked out with my phone preordered and a new Gear S2 watch for the prices of taxes on the phone.

Last edited:

MuchoAloha

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the silver for AT&T from BestBuy for the Gear VR and 64gb SD Card. I have always had black phones so I went with the silver, but I am a little worried about the glare.

dizzll

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Ordered from Best Buy for the SD card. Went with silver Edge cuz it looks cool. Sorry if it's been talked about but I missed it. What horror stories from BB? I didn't order from AT&T because they weren't offering anything extra. Is it unlikely I will receive my order by the 11th? Is there an expectation it will be defective? I am now concerned... Thank you for input.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the S7 edge in silver titanium and a black Otterbox Commuter case, both from Verizon's website. I also ordered a 64GB SanDisk Extreme Plus microSD card (UH-3, Class 10--95MB/s writing speed for 4K video) from Amazon.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
  • S7 Edge
  • Silver
  • T-Mobile
  • Might move around some of my SD cards that I currently have. I have the 200GB one from when I get the V10.
  • Directly from the carrier.

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
1) Silver
2) T-Mobile
3) 64gb to start
4) Through T-Mobile Jump. FREE over night shipping when it releases

Galaxy S6 on the T-Mobile Network

Last edited:

lj87

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Gold.
T mobile.
I want 128gb because I store a lot of music and videos but not sure which to get. Hmmm.
Pre ordered on t mobile.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Silver (I'm tired of traditional handset palettes, bring on the gaudy!)
T-Mobile
128GB card (purchased last Cyber Monday in anticipation for the SD slot's return)
Direct from T-Mo (hope they ship early like last year)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson