I've owned everything, and the Nexus 6p is still the best!

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 6P ist the first phone that makes me feel that I do not need to get anything else for a while. Normally I buy two to three phones a year. This year I am tempted by the HTC 10, but the Nexus 6P already has what I like on a phone. It is fast, it has a great display, its camera is very good and the software is great. The only thing I am missing is the hardware quality of the HTC 10 (not that the Nexus 6P is bad, it is very good, but I think not as premium as the HTC 10).
I will wait for the next Nexus and see what happens. I am still in love with the Nexus 6P and I have it since last November. It is the most personal device I have ever owned.

I was tempted by the HTC 10 as well but decided to give a Nexus device a try for the first time. What a revelation and more importantly value in a world where flagships outside the US are over a $1,000 on a regular basis. This phone just ticks all the boxes.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my 6p as soon as the gold model became available here (US),received it on Jan.7,2016.
Its been a great phone no complaints, meets my needs in every way.
So far no other phone that's been released since,, has interested me enough to purchase :)

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 6P ist the first phone that makes me feel that I do not need to get anything else for a while. Normally I buy two to three phones a year. This year I am tempted by the HTC 10, but the Nexus 6P already has what I like on a phone. It is fast, it has a great display, its camera is very good and the software is great. The only thing I am missing is the hardware quality of the HTC 10 (not that the Nexus 6P is bad, it is very good, but I think not as premium as the HTC 10).
I will wait for the next Nexus and see what happens. I am still in love with the Nexus 6P and I have it since last November. It is the most personal device I have ever owned.

I've had it for a couple weeks and I feel exactly the same way. Normally I go through 3 or 4 phones a year but I don't think that's going to be the case this time.

Nexus 6p, gold

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got one yesterday, coming from an iPhone 6s plus and note 5. All I can say it's wow, this thing it's amazing for the price. My only complaint would be the volume rocker placement but may take me a while to get used to it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When I was testing the 6P out in the store a couple months ago I would have to wait for that horizontal bar to go across the screen within the Camera App before I could take another picture. That isn't the case now. I am not sure why I seem to have a different version.

You sure that was a 6P, or a Nexus for that matter. I've owned every Nexus since the 5 and the Google Camera has never forced the user to wait for the background processing to complete before taking another picture. There was the initial 'shutter' time, which on the 6P was actually not all that long, but never a wait for the background to complete.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Just a random update,

I've owned every phone under the sun, up to and including the new Galaxy S7, and I can say the Nexus 6p is the best phone I've ever used.

I'm thankful everytime I pick it up!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Better than the V10?

Mushy Waffles

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
umm... sorry your statement is patently false. I'm guessing you are an iPhone user.

If your phone gets bogged down it's because you don't know how to manage it. That's why technology challenged people like the iphone, it doesn't require any understanding of how things work. People like Android for flexibility and freedom to do with their phone what they want. People that know how to manage their Android system dont' have issues and sure dont' become laggy and bogged down. I run an IT dept and deal with 200 phones of all types daily. I get to see how average people uses their devices and majority of them just don't know how to manage an efficient customizable device. Most people dont' understand the capabilities of their devices. It's amazing how many dont' utilize widgets that make a user much more efficient in doing what they want and accessing data. Sigh.. but after 25+ years of IT, I would say people are as clueless on how to use their devices and they are their PC's

Don't blame the OS, blame the Users.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope. For me to see the HDR working I have to click on my small circle with the picture and it takes me to the viewer. Then I see that horizontal bar going across.

I think that's exactly what he said..lol

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I think that's exactly what he said..lol

I actually thought he meant was he can't physically take another picture because that HDR processing is occurring right in the camera app viewer and you can't take another shot until it finishes. That used to be the case on previous versions but not the one I have. I get that you can still watch it processing in a separate viewer but the way it was implemented before bogged things down.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
umm... sorry your statement is patently false. I'm guessing you are an iPhone user.

If your phone gets bogged down it's because you don't know how to manage it. That's why technology challenged people like the iphone, it doesn't require any understanding of how things work. People like Android for flexibility and freedom to do with their phone what they want. People that know how to manage their Android system dont' have issues and sure dont' become laggy and bogged down. I run an IT dept and deal with 200 phones of all types daily. I get to see how average people uses their devices and majority of them just don't know how to manage an efficient customizable device. Most people dont' understand the capabilities of their devices. It's amazing how many dont' utilize widgets that make a user much more efficient in doing what they want and accessing data. Sigh.. but after 25+ years of IT, I would say people are as clueless on how to use their devices and they are their PC's

Don't blame the OS, blame the Users.
Agreed, there's nothing ever laggy about this phone that doesn't have an immediate fix. You can just restart the phone most of the time to fix weirdness. Every now and then you might need to do a soft cache clear(doesn't require recovery mode), and even less frequent, you can clear the cache partition. I must admit that I've not ever needed to do a factory reset on my 6P, whereas, I had to do several on my Nexus 6. I didn't know how to clear the cache partition when I had the nexus 6. So, using those three tools has kept my 6P running like butter.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same. While there are many "improvements" with my S7 edge I find the added layers of TouchWiz more than I care for. And while my Edge is updated to the most recent software available the fear in the back of my mind of this getting the same treatment as my old Note 5 has had from ATT and Samsung nervous. I miss my Nexus 6p and I loved how snappy and smooth it was. I don't necessarily feel this S7 edge is as quick as my 6p was.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just a random update,

I've owned every phone under the sun, up to and including the new Galaxy S7, and I can say the Nexus 6p is the best phone I've ever used.

I'm thankful everytime I pick it up!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.
The phone is lightening fast, durable, smooth and finally it's fantastic on battery including Nougat and extreme doze!

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on M and running incredible, I cannot wait for N(official). 6P has just been an awesome phone overall, I was skeptical about the build and design but loved it.

{Nexus 6P}

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I now have two Nexus phones -- 6 & 6P. In my opinion both are better than the HTC's I have owned -- One M7, M9 & A9. No more HTC for me.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I now have two Nexus phones -- 6 & 6P. In my opinion both are better than the HTC's I have owned -- One M7, M9 & A9. No more HTC for me.

I have to agree with you, but I already bought the HTC 10. I really only got it for one reason and that's the music/audio performance. It's quite stellar. But, Bluetooth performance is still wonky and despite all of the fanfare about the camera, it's still not as good as the 6p under any lighting scenarios. The 6p is the best camera out there when used in HDR mode. And, HDR works with flash. So, you'll get very natural looking exposures even with flash. I do find that the HTC can give you a sharper focal point in HDR than the 6p. However, if you tap your focal point on the 6p, then even that advantage is erased.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers