July 31

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
looks like i might be in the same boat. dont know to much about this chipset or motoblur coming from a palm pre this is all new. feel like even the evo3d is at 1.2ghz and this is brand new and only 1ghz. kind of torn because i dont like the 3d or the bump for the camera and all that. i really want the gs2 also but this thing does look nice.

MA0925

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I will be jumping off the Blackberry ship, anxious to try Android.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
Want to leave my Blackberry behind for this Photon. Been looking at the atrix on ATT since it first came out. Since this is the newer version, cannot wait. Hope they have plenty to go around.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Leaving my EPIC 4G for it. I've been travelling a lot late, and that'll probably continue. So, I might as well save myself the hassle of having to carry two phones. Plus I get the build quality of a Motorola!

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I became eligible for a full, $150 upgrade a month ago from Sprint and remain hopeful they will get the HP Pre3 someday. Until then, I will switch to Android and get the Photon by Motorola. If Sprint gets the HP Pre3 then I'll return to webOS.
Update: I now am leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S2. Geez I am gonna miss my Touchstones.

Last edited:

ajbrickyard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup, from a launch day evo 4g. Tried to holdout for the SGS2 but it looks more and more like it's not coming

Sent from my EVO without me knowing

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Will be leaving the Palm pre for the motorola photon. I would've held out for the pre 3, but it looks like it won't be coming to sprint. I've started traveling internationally again and I can't keep dusting off the old blackberry 8830. I've honestly never been a fan of android, I've always seen it as a security risk and motorola actually implemented industry standard hardware encryption and remote wipe.

I won't get it launch day, I want to read reviews, I almost slipped up and bought a Nexus s, but radio issues nixed that idea.

Reactions: fred1955

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
so i see that they're accepting online-only orders for sprint premiere customers... i wonder when the phone will arrive if i place the order on the 28th (going out of town for a week on the 31st)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
so i see that they're accepting online-only orders for sprint premiere customers... i wonder when the phone will arrive if i place the order on the 28th (going out of town for a week on the 31st)

I was wondering how this worked myself, actually. If you order on the 28th, do they overnight the phone to you or something? How would you get it any faster than someone who just walked into a store on the 31st (given that the 31st is a Sunday, there would be no shipping, right?)

As for Motoblur, I'm tempted to go visit a Verizon store and play with the new Moto Droid 3 or similar to see what it's like since I've never seen it in person. My understanding of the hate toward Blur is due to older versions that required you to create an account and log in to it every time you wanted to use some aspect of Blur. If that's true, I don't blame people for hating on it.

Ejay62

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll be leaving my launch day evo, mind you my 7th replacement evo. I can't trust HTC. I'm very happy with my xoom and have had not a single problem with it, plus the photon looks beastly!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I was wondering how this worked myself, actually. If you order on the 28th, do they overnight the phone to you or something? How would you get it any faster than someone who just walked into a store on the 31st (given that the 31st is a Sunday, there would be no shipping, right?)

Don't quote me on this but I believe Sprint is pretty fast with the pre-orders. Some friends that pre-ordered the EVO 3D online got it on launch day.

As for Motoblur, I'm tempted to go visit a Verizon store and play with the new Moto Droid 3 or similar to see what it's like since I've never seen it in person. My understanding of the hate toward Blur is due to older versions that required you to create an account and log in to it every time you wanted to use some aspect of Blur. If that's true, I don't blame people for hating on it.

I've played around with Moto phones before (when a friend got the DX) and it wasn't bad at all in my opinion.

heymista

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence. I have an Epic 4G which I like enough to keep a bit longer. I just finished 3 months of international travel, and I used an old Blackberry tour and foreign SIM cards. It would have been nice to have the photon then, but now my international needs are going to be minimum for the next 12 months. I like my Epic, but there is certainly room for improvement. I may end up keeping it unless I have to travel extensively in the near future.