Just bragging

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
:d i just wanted to mention that i love my shift!!! It is the greatest phone in the world. The temp-root is one of the greatest things ever because i dont want to go through the hassel of trying to restore factory everything because i perm-rooted. I love finding awesome .apk files and putting them to my sd card for use with my shift. I love all my awesome apps. I love the physical keyboard. I love my kickstand...oh wait nvm kickstands are lame. I hate front facing cameras, they are for lazy people; i feel like the shift was made for me because of its lack of a ffc. I love the battery life i get on it which was waaaay better than my iphone. The quick response, the sleek look, the overall sexyness of my shift is awesome. And i vote it for phone of the year...or until they come out with the evo 8g which is pretty much a brain implant that eliminates the use of actual handheld devices. Lol

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
:d i just wanted to mention that i love my shift!!! It is the greatest phone in the world. The temp-root is one of the greatest things ever because i dont want to go through the hassel of trying to restore factory everything because i perm-rooted. I love finding awesome .apk files and putting them to my sd card for use with my shift. I love all my awesome apps. I love the physical keyboard. i love my kickstand...oh wait nvm kickstands are lame. I hate front facing cameras, they are for lazy people; i feel like the shift was made for me because of its lack of a ffc. I love the battery life i get on it which was waaaay better than my iphone. The quick response, the sleek look, the overall sexyness of my shift is awesome. And i vote it for phone of the year...or until they come out with the evo 8g which is pretty much a brain implant that eliminates the use of actual handheld devices. Lol

lmfao

davecttt

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
agree

I would agree. This phone has everything I need and want.

Don't know why you are so against kickstands. I honestly don't need one, but I am sure others might like it.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just think that kickstands are honestly for lazy people. How hard is it to hold a phone in your hand? Is it really that cool to have a kickstand so you can watch movies? I mean i totally understand it if you had no arms, but then why would you have a phone? A touchscreen phone at that?

I just make my kickstand comment because there have been so many people complaining about the shift saying its a bad phone because it has no kickstand or ffc. I think they are all wrong.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to use the heck out of my kick stand when I had the OG EVO. Sure I did I would use it to clean wax from my ear I would flick it in and out like a tick when I was nervous heck once I even used it to hold the phone up in a slanted horizontal position so I could see the screen while I was watching a video on you tube....lol

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I used to use the heck out of my kick stand when I had the OG EVO. Sure I did I would use it to clean wax from my ear I would flick it in and out like a tick when I was nervous heck once I even used it to hold the phone up in a slanted horizontal position so I could see the screen while I was watching a video on you tube....lol

holy eff!! i love the earwax comment. that made my day.

noyps2

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I love my Evo, which has a kick stand.
My lady friend has the Shift, which has no kickstand, and is also a great phone.

/thread?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sitting at work and using both hands to type on the keyboard the kickstand was great and allowed me to watch the World Cup. I guess I could use some duct tape and a book or something.

Kickstands kick ass!

My wife just got the Shift and loves it. She can use my "kickstand" whenever she wants!

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When Im on a plane and eating and watching a movie a kick stand would be pretty nice. But since I never had one on a phone I dont know the difference. I would however like a nice dock for the phone so I can watch movies at work or while in bed (loved watching movies on my epic 4g while docked on my nightstand).