Just couldn't wait any longer

Magarnical

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just order my skyrocket. Needed to get that gingerbread one way or another and just couldn't wait any longer. And that dual core just pushed me to my decision. And i figured it might get and upgrade to ICS before the infuse gets its GB... ;)

4Gee

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Dual Core = quicker battery drain. :) Enjoy!

Actually, no. I have had my Skyrocket for a week and one day, and the battery lasts sooooo much longer than the Infuse, There is no comparison. My infuse used to drain around 7-9% an hour and the Skyrocket drains around 4%, but with the Skyrocket I leave the Bluetooth on all the time for my bluetooth devices (Blue Ant headset and Jawbone Jam box). I had to turn off bluetooth on the Infuse or it would have drained the battery faster.

But wait, there's more... The Skyrocket battery charges waaaaaay quicker than the Infuse.

The Infuse is a great phone, certainly one of the very best. The Skyrocket takes it to the next level.

Last edited:

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that information 4Gee. I had read several articles and spoke with people at a few stores back when I bought the Infuse that stated that dual core phones were going through a full battery charge faster than single core phones. Of course that was a few months ago so of course anything could have possibly changed. Good to know that the Skyrocket is improved.

joe1987

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Good to know...about the Skyrocket...but I have my Infuse loaded and tweaked and running like melted butter...it will take a lot to get me to move on from my Infuse. But still the Skyrocket looks promising.

ryandinan#AC

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait any longer either, so last night, I finally read up enough to figure out how to flash the CATYROM ICS rom to my Infuse.
Now I have Gingerbread, and a phone without bloatware. It's much smoother and faster than before... feels like a new phone!
If anyone wants any pointers on how to do this, without the need to hunt around for bits of info on several sites, let me know... Since I tend to learn this stuff ... slowly... I find I can explain it far better than most :)

-Ryan

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I would like any tips/pointers you might be willing to share on how to go about doing this. I'm 12 days away from rooting.

Magarnical

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well have had the skyrocket for a few days and love it. Battery life is improved used it like normal all day long, phone calls, txts, foursquare and about 2 hours of pandora listening and then when got home downloaded about 10 apps from the market all of which were off of towers no wifi. Unplugged at 6:30am and went to bed around midnight had 47% battery.
If you can afford the update from the infuse or work out a deal with someone else on your plan, I say its work every penny