Just downloaded Oreo for V20 on AT&T

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I just got Oreo 8.0 on my V20. It took 3 hours on a Wi-Fi signal. Just thought other AT&T users would be happy. I am surprised as major updates usually are dispensed at the beginning of the week. Today is Thursday 😀

Attachments

• 29424.jpg
    29424.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys remember: you MUST have an active AT&T SIM otherwise you cannot update it (unless you manually update it through recovery mode and flash it). If you do have one and the update is not showing up, you may have to check again in 24 hours as AT&T limits the amount of downloads to reduce network jamming (tip: just set the date manually ahead of time).

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep, 3 hours. Pretty laggy so far.

Usually people would clear the system cache after an OS update (factory reset is the best idea). Can you explain what the differences are with the old version and Oreo? 1. Is there an option to change the screen resolution? 2. Are there any features REMOVED or changed? Such as data on/off toggle shortcut. 3. Any reason you find not to upgrade? (Slower performance, battery drain, ugly UI changes, etc.)

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Usually people would clear the system cache after an OS update (factory reset is the best idea). Can you explain what the differences are with the old version and Oreo? 1. Is there an option to change the screen resolution? 2. Are there any features REMOVED or changed? Such as data on/off toggle shortcut. 3. Any reason you find not to upgrade? (Slower performance, battery drain, ugly UI changes, etc.)

1. No, not that I can find. You can adjust the grid size, which I can't remember if that was there before.

2. No features removed as far as I can tell. Data on/off toggle is still there.

3. Battery life remains to be seen. Performance was laggy for a little while after update but seems smooth now. I like the UI changes. You can change the shape of the icons now. Also, you can long press on certain icons and quickly access certain features. For example, I have 4 separate email accounts and when I long press on my email icon, a small menu pops up that lists all the accounts so that I can go directly to a certain one. There's also "Compose" that when I select, takes me directly to a new email.

Also, my bluetooth seems to behave better with my car stereo. Seems some of the connect/reconnect problems I had been having might be solved now.

Kruggerkill

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys remember: you MUST have an active AT&T SIM otherwise you cannot update it (unless you manually update it through recovery mode and flash it). If you do have one and the update is not showing up, you may have to check again in 24 hours as AT&T limits the amount of downloads to reduce network jamming (tip: just set the date manually ahead of time).
I don't have a sim of at&t some way to update?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I got the update this morning and it took about 30 minutes. it was laggy but it was downloading updates to software apps so once that stopped the lagging stopped. it seems as though the vibration from the screen is a little more intense than it was before the update. I actually thought it wasn't intense enough before and when I would press on things they wouldn't pop up such as copy and cut and all that stuff.

I'm getting a message that exchange is using battery. I have no idea what that means.

When it first updated it ask me questions that I had no idea what to answer such as home and then some other choices I don't even remember how I got passed it.

One problem I'm having with this forum is that when I need to scroll, the page doesn't hold in the whole screen moves up and down so I can't scroll unless I latch on to one of those pointers and it's grows fast, too fast anyone else having this problem? I've had it before also not just with Oreo

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting a message that exchange is using battery. I have no idea what that means.
One of the things Oreo (and Pie) do is track background battery usage. Exchange is a service used to work with Microsoft Exchange email servers. If you are not using a corporate or private email service using Exchange then go into the apps, find it (there's a Google extension to Gmail for it) and disable it.

There are other options for that functionality as well (e.g. BlackBerry's Hub+ Suite) if you do use and want it that don't expose all your email data to Google.

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Camera has more filters now. There's also new menu choices for the pictures in Gallery - Memo and Related. It will also create a slideshow of pictures taken at a particular location if you have tagging turned on.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
How about UI stuff and apps/widgets? Do we get an update to LGs next UX version?

I want things like the real LGV30 weather widget and apps. Things like that.

(Please don't tell me to download xwidget and download the S8 weather widget). I want the real deal!

Hoping Oreo is bringing this.

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
There's 4 weather widgets now.

All I could find in the apps list is Home and it's version 6.20.41. There is a home and app drawer to select though.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-08-26-14-34-20.jpg
    Capture+_2018-08-26-14-34-20.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 40