Just rooted my fascinate

noprophet

May 11, 2011
Visit site
When I open up Superuser no programs are listed under apps - I mainly rooted so I could remove the junk off my phone; blockbuster, kindle, etc. - anyone know why this might be?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
When I open up Superuser no programs are listed under apps - I mainly rooted so I could remove the junk off my phone; blockbuster, kindle, etc. - anyone know why this might be?

You need to use a root explorer program that you can find through the market. Superuser gives these apps/programs the authorization to use the root ability that you gave your phone. In otherwords, superuser is the permission giver. It will show only the apps that you gave permission to.. Since you just rooted and haven't installed any apps that require root, you won't see any in the list.

Reactions: noprophet

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok, thanks!

I cannot think of the thread off the top of my head that lists the files that can be safely removed from the phone without causing issues, but it's here somewhere, I think it can be found in the stickies. I recommend checking that out before going ahead and deleting/freezing files. Better safe than sorry imho :)