[KERNEL][ACS]*Matr1x* with BLN and voodoo v6.5

mathkid95

May 27, 2010
Visit site
MATHKID95 AND ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE PRESENT
*MATR1X WITH BLN AND VOODOO V6.5*

Finished_logo.png

Changelog:

v1.0 Initial release, bln and voodoo for i9020.

v1.5 Added bln and voodoo support for i9023 as well.

v2.0 Fixed bluetooth for both models. Added Cyanogenmod 7 support.

v2.5 Added bfs for both models and updated kernel to 2.6.35.12. Also added cool matrix style boot animation. Also added Nexus s 4g support.

v3.0 Made all builds 1.2 Ghz.

v3.5 Added the smartass governor and overclocked to 1.4 Ghz.

v4.0 Updated voodoo driver 9 to driver 10, added interactive governor, added Proton Voltage Control support, and updated kernel base to 2.6.35.13.

v4.5 Added bfq i/o scheduler, overclocked to 1.5 Ghz, and fixed oxygen/cm7 voltage settings errors. (Remember, 1.5 Ghz is not very stable even though I have adjusted the voltages accordingly. You can always change the voltages in setcpu or proton.)

v5.0 Added -ck bfs performance tweaks (thanks morfic for telling me about that ;) ), added cifs and nfs, removed the 1.4 and 1.5 ghz speeds and made it 1.44 Ghz, and added cool matr1x boot animation by rascarlo separately.

v5.5 Added Android v2.3.5 tweaks and changed voltages for better usability.

v6.0 Added Ezekeel's touchkey dimmer, TUN, and added 940Mhz with adjusted voltages.

v6.5 Added all of Ezekeel's mods, 600Mhz with adjusted voltages and new speeds, and updated kernel base to 2.6.35.14.

System.out.println("Please flash at your own risk! I am not responsible for bricked devices! "); ;)

**BOTH THESE ZIPS BOOT UP AT 1 Ghz. If you use setcpu to oc, DO NOT USE PROFILES. It will have a negative effect on battery life!**

**Both these zips use the ext4 filesystem**

**INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING**

***CFS Build***

Matr1x-cfs_v6.5.zip (This will work on any rom, thanks to Koush's AnyKernel)

***BFS Build***

Matr1x-bfs_v6.5.zip (This will work on any rom, thanks to Koush's AnyKernel)

Use recovery to flash from sdcard! You can also flash from Rom Manager. Then reboot.

Link to source: https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_samsung

DOWNLOAD

**INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING BOOT ANIMATION**

If would like to know the all-out terminal way, pm me :D

For the easy way, download the zip to your phone. Go into root explorer and delete the current bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder. Put this new one in there.

**INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING EZEKEEL'S MODS** (Thanks Maximilian Mary!)

Also note that you need a rom with init.d support to flash this zip. If you do not have init.d support in the rom, you will need to set the delay each after each reboot.

Thanks to:

Ezekeel for all his mods!
ACS for letting me join their team!
rascarlo for the awesome boot animation!
netarchy for helping me with the code aspects!
Jonathon Grigg for the Proton Voltage Control app!
koush for the awesome AnyKernel zip!
ogdobber and morfic for clearing up any doubts I had!
akent for the i9023 bln!
supercurio for the great voodoo app and drivers!
Con Kolivas for the bfs!
Paolo Valente for the bfq!

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks mathkid, I've been using your previous version along with CM7-RC (stable) and life has been very good to me :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
will this work on the latest pete alfonso rom?
It should...

Kernels should run fine on any ROM, just in some situations certain kernels are "tailored" to work better with certain ROMs.

Just make your Nandroid Backup before flashing just in case something goes wrong you can return to your backup. I can say I safely have ran this kernel on CM7/Oxygen/AOSP Premium Plus with no issues...

Reactions: m3grady2

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Stock and CM7/source based roms would be the only options. The only difference being Stock rom kernels use /install the stock ram disk, while kernels for Cm7/source based roms use the ram disk that's already in your phone.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've tried this kernel on GPA17 and it works OK...but not as well as it does on Oxygen or CM7, at least in my opinion.
Huge fan though, it's my daily driver on CM7

Wolfsv

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It should...

Kernels should run fine on any ROM, just in some situations certain kernels are "tailored" to work better with certain ROMs.

Just make your Nandroid Backup before flashing just in case something goes wrong you can return to your backup. I can say I safely have ran this kernel on CM7/Oxygen/AOSP Premium Plus with no issues...

I loaded ver. 7.0 with oxygen, and it kept crashing. I had 5.0 and it was messing with the battery life reported. I now have 6.5 and haven't had issues yet. However, the CPU govenor in oxygen doesn't always seem to hold the settings (without rebooting).

Any recommendations on the best setting(s) to use? OnDemand, Smartass, etc?