[KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08.1 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED!!

just flashed v8 over the yourmomRom, quick question. what oc levels are best? which governor is best? thanks

olddroid1957

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

just flashed version 8, on a LG Optimus S, running 2.3.3 Android version, LS670MVH_6150 baseband, LS6702VZH software version, rooted running gROM 2.2 and a scott theme_GB-simpleg-v2-noIQ theme; NO problems double tapping gone, works great!

Thanks for all the hard work.. you're a genius by my standards! :cool:

jeepfun

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

First - THANK YOU for the work you all have put in.
Second - not being able to charge in car is putting a strain on my spousal relations :) Is there an older version that everyone things may work that I can downgrade to until a longer term fix is made?

Thanks for any help

Running gROM 2.2 (don't think there was an issues with gROM 2.0)

dman081

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

First - THANK YOU for the work you all have put in.
Second - not being able to charge in car is putting a strain on my spousal relations :) Is there an older version that everyone things may work that I can downgrade to until a longer term fix is made?

Thanks for any help

Running gROM 2.2 (don't think there was an issues with gROM 2.0)

How long have you not been able to charge in the car? In my post several weeks ago I noted that I too suddenly couldn't charge in the car or via some USB cords, and had serious battery life issues. But since then those problems resolved themselves. I was waiting to see if they came back to report on it, and honestly I probably should have said something sooner since everything has been going swimmingly for several weeks.

Like you I hadn't had charging issues on the official Spring Gingerbread -like others did- or with gRom. And I don't think I initially had them with Your Mom Rom or with GingerKernel. Then for whatever reason they started.

So maybe stick with it for a few days? I honestly don't think I did anything to fix it, nor did I install any new kernel or Rom version. The only things I might have done were to reflash Gingerkernel v08 and my rom (Your Mom Rom) and wipe the cashes. I'm now running on InteractiveX Governor at 748/122 Mhz (ondemand is very laggy for me).

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I think that the charging issue is related to the output for your charger. I too had issues charging in the car after the gingerbread update.

Turns out that home chargers are 100ma. The car chargers were 1A (1000ma). Tried 3 or 4 different chargers for the car - all were 1A. (that seems to be the standard now)

I purchased a 700ma car charger at Walmart and wa-la! Charging back in the car.

Give it a shot.

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

So much for a "fix". Its been a month and still charges slow with any home charger, to the point where it will stay at the same percentage, even drop some, with 600-768 regular use while charging. What is the point of even using ZVH with all of the bugs and work arounds? If it will never work right, then why spraypaint it gold and say here ya go, good luck? V07 with double taps, fc's, and fast charging, or runs perfect with no charging on v08, its not a phone issue, it's the kernel choice obviously, and the random tweaks that compromise a working system, just so people can store some files here, or because they don't like the status bar.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

So much for a "fix". Its been a month and still charges slow with any home charger, to the point where it will stay at the same percentage, even drop some, with 600-768 regular use while charging. What is the point of even using ZVH with all of the bugs and work arounds? If it will never work right, then why spraypaint it gold and say here ya go, good luck? V07 with double taps, fc's, and fast charging, or runs perfect with no charging on v08, its not a phone issue, it's the kernel choice obviously, and the random tweaks that compromise a working system, just so people can store some files here, or because they don't like the status bar.

Well then it's a good thing I'm building GingerKernel v08.1 right now isn't it?

Also, I do this for free with ZERO expectation of payment or donations. Keep that in mind the next time you feel like complaining.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your "helpful" input. Link to your fixed kernel so that everything works awesome and perfect?

Oh, you didn't make one? You're just complaining on an internet forum about something u choose to use and is completely free of charge?

Yeah that's what I thought.....:mad:

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][GB] GingerKernel v08.1 (OC) DOUBLE-TAPPING BUG FIXED

GingerKernel v08.1 released. I was gonna wait till tomorrow morning to release it because I'm with family at the moment (Merry Christmas by the way!), but someone forced me to do it tonight (you know who you are...). The charging bug that I ACCIDENTALLY introduced has been fixed, but the ZVH-specific charging issues still remain.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to bite my tongue in response to your post for the simple fact that if I say what I really want to say, it may result in my dev badge being revoked!

Drew, on behalf of myself and every greatful user here at AC, THANK YOU for your hard work and DONATED free time!!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
GingerKernel v08.1 released. I was gonna wait till tomorrow morning to release it because I'm with family at the moment (Merry Christmas by the way!), but someone forced me to do it tonight (you know who you are...). The charging bug that I ACCIDENTALLY introduced has been fixed, but the ZVH-specific charging issues still remain.

Dude. You don't owe anybody here an explanation. Your mods for this phone are stellar to say the least. And for anyone to complain about your hard work is ignorance in my book. If they don't like your build fine. But bashing it openly in the forums.....:screwy:

Merry Christmas everyone

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Well then it's a good thing I'm building GingerKernel v08.1 right now isn't it?

Also, I do this for free with ZERO expectation of payment or donations.
Exactly... and thank you to all of the Devs for all of the hard work that you guys put into this... Now go take a break and spend some time with your loved ones. ;)
Happy Holidays everyone.

Reactions: jstntp

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Ya ya. You can call it whatever you want. You have customers, and why would you want a donation for something that doesnt run the same on every optimus s? Others have the same problem and all you can say is re flash or wipe everything, which does not work. If I root MY phone, and add a phone-specific rom to it, it should run correctly. People dont root to run into issues, they root because someone else provides them with a product as a replacement for stock. You can take it personally, handle it however arrogant you'd like. Developers dont put out real products in the real world unless bugs are worked out and anyone who buys the product should be fully satisfied. Disclaimers or not, its not the actual rooting process that is effecting the phone, its the devs product you are so offensively representing.

I guess you never ran the zvh update. All the bugs that have popped up have been in response of fixing that huge snafu.

Drew, great work. Keep it up. I know all will just get better and better.

Reactions: drewwalton19216801

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Ya ya. You can call it whatever you want. You have customers, and why would you want a donation for something that doesnt run the same on every optimus s? Others have the same problem and all you can say is re flash or wipe everything, which does not work. If I root MY phone, and add a phone-specific rom to it, it should run correctly. People dont root to run into issues, they root because someone else provides them with a product as a replacement for stock. You can take it personally, handle it however arrogant you'd like. Developers dont put out real products in the real world unless bugs are worked out and anyone who buys the product should be fully satisfied. Disclaimers or not, its not the actual rooting process that is effecting the phone, its the devs product you are so offensively representing.

true but he is taking time out of his life to play around with these phones,out of respect i see it both ways
merry christmas:D:D:D:D:D

SpadeOfAces

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

And I do appreciate all of your voluntary hard work on your ROMs. Without you, phones would suck more.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess you just can't please some folks.

I for one am grateful to have these dev's. Building roms and trying to make the optimus better. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIME.

Merry Christmas! !
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: drewwalton19216801

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

And I do appreciate all of your voluntary hard work on your ROMs. Without you, phones would suck more.

Okay... now leave it at that and move on. Attacking each other isn't going to make things any better.
So PLEASE keep things civilized in here everyone.... thank you.

Back on topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174