Keyboard error, can't do hard reset.

emo1337

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I use an old LG tracfone for my music only. There's no model number on it and I can't type in my password to get in to look for one. After an error message popped up saying the keyboard has stopped, it has become unusable. Cuz it has no volume buttons and I can't type at all, I can't figure out how to do a hard reset. I don't have access to a computer to try out one of those wiping programs. I tried using a paper clip in the reset hole and that did nothing. I wasn't able to find anything online about my specific problem, so I thought I'd check out this blog to see if anyone had any ideas I can try. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

emo1337

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help! I read the info on that link, but one way requires volume buttons and the other one can't be done cuz of the keyboard. I can't even type in my password cuz the keyboard doesn't pop up. So I don't have access to any menu or settings. Any other ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help! I read the info on that link, but one way requires volume buttons and the other one can't be done cuz of the keyboard. I can't even type in my password cuz the keyboard doesn't pop up. So I don't have access to any menu or settings. Any other ideas?
Hi, welcome!
It has a paperclip opening for reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It really does matter which phone you have, so please tell us the model name/number.

emo1337

May 13, 2020
Visit site
I wish I could! There is no information on the outside of the phone other than it being an LG. I remember it saying that it‘s a tracfone on bootup, but that's all The info I have without being able to type in my password and click about phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure this is an Android phone, and not a featurephone (aka "dumbphone")? Can you take a picture of the phone itself using another device and show us here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d