keyboard problem

margioa

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I am really happy to find this community, congratulations to all of you.

I am here because I need your help on a htc verizon incredible 2. My problem is that the space, dot and comma keys are not working right. Some times they work when touching them but the majority of the time does not work. So at this moment I can not write any SMS messages or e-mails.

Just in case I need to give more info:
Androide version 2.3.4
HTC sense version 2.1
Software # 4.08.605.3

I would really appreciate your support.

Thank you.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it just the keyboard you are noticing problems with? I mean are the keys not working on both portrait and landscape view or just in one? Are you having trouble selecting things in that area of the screen when on the home screens or the app drawer? Have you tried any of the alternative keyboards out there? I would recommend trying thumb keyboard and try a few different layout combinations and see if that fixes the problem.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I would have problems with my keyboard where it wouldn't let me press the "v" key.. A simple reboot would fix it. Don't know why it happens though.

margioa

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I mean are the keys not working on both portrait and landscape view or just in one? Are you having trouble selecting things in that area of the screen when on the home screens or the app drawer? Have you tried any of the alternative keyboards out there? I would recommend trying thumb keyboard and try a few different layout combinations and see if that fixes the problem.

1.This happens on portrait only. I have tried what you suggested "landscape" and it works without any problem.
2. No, I am not having problem selecting things in that area. Only for portrait massages.
3. Alternative keyboard: I have tried in compact and phone mode still the same problem in that specific place.
:(

margioa

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
No that I recall. I have checked in "All applications" and I don't see anything related to third party keyboard app.

I am getting frustrated. Its very inconvenient and unpleased for me writing everything on landscape mode

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Suggestions, SwiftKey(what I use. Not free but worth it), Swype, GoKeyboard. Some others mentioned in previous posts.

There's a bunch, search the market and read reviews.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

margioa

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Guys you are awesome. Sorry for my late feedback. I installed SwiftKey X and it works very good I am able to use the phone in portrait mode "all keys". I really appreciate all your help. I'm finally happy. On the other hand, I wonder what is the problem with its default keyboard app.

@kirkiscool, yes is around 3.99 or so, but I am in trail version and after the month I guess I will buy it. thanks.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Glad it worked out. I've used stock, swype, and swiftkey x, and swiftkey is by far my favorite keyboard. Once it learns your typing habits it can literally predict an entire sentence.

jasongom

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I been having similar problems with certain keys not working. For me its in landscape mode and its prevalent in all my keyboard apps (touch, touchpal, korean keyboard, google ics keyboard, sine, etc) and its usually the "s" that is not working...any thoughts?

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is the best. Its free i believe. You pay when you keep the suggestions on after your 30 day trial. Well worth it tho! I have zero reasons to go back to blackberry because of Swiftkey

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

rickyxgz

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem and i found that multi-touch keyboard had a conflict with a background app, in my case was youtube y wiped youtube's data and removed updates and now im using an earlier version of youtube. and keyboard now responds :)

Seth Morris

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have also been having this exact same problem with my Droid Incredible 2. I also uninstalled YouTube and it did not help.
So then, I downloaded SwiftKeys and I still have the problem using that keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz