Kindle Fire 2 Laggy. Suggestions?

Headgas86

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my Kindle and its pretty Laggy. Any suggestions for fixing this? Also, this is my first tablet and I'm not sure if it's the same as my android phone so any suggestions for best apps to get or settings or anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

AaronDude

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
So I just got my Kindle and its pretty Laggy. Any suggestions for fixing this? Also, this is my first tablet and I'm not sure if it's the same as my android phone so any suggestions for best apps to get or settings or anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

I've been using a kindle fire hd first generation for two years now. In fact im using it right now. The main problem with the fire is it will slow down drasticly or even not respond period if you don't have about at least two gigs free on the flash memory. I loaded mine up with just a few videos and some music just awhile ago and went down to about 1.8 gigs and so I had to delete some with esfile explorer. certain apps that run all the time can also slow down your tablet or even poorly written junk apps. to me 99 percent of the apps available on the amazon app store and even onemobile are garbage. There is really no settings that will speed up a kindle.

Personally I'm getting pretty fed up with the fire anymore and im shopping for a budget kitkat tablet under a hundred with expandable memory. Im going to ask more questions about what to get but this thread is not the place i guess :p .

So basically you just have to delete and uninstall stuff untill it speeds up. It's hit or miss really since sometimes its hard to pinpoint exactly what apss are causing it to slow. I suspect that most slowdowns are due to lack of flash memory available. Thats what I've always been battling with mine. You could reset to factory defaults if theres a major problem. I've done that a couple of times a year and a half ago but now that i know about this memory issue that was probably unnecessary.

The fire can be an ok first tablet, it was for me and in fact I would probably recommend it for people that can hardly run a computer. It's definitely not the most capable tablet though even with the monster specs for a great price they release every year.

David Michael2

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Just download any speed booster from 1mobile or Google Play I would recommend cm speed booster or clean master you can Google how to download them, I would give you the direct links but I need to post 7 more times before I'm allowed.
Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hengwin