Launch Day Thunderbolters

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order for a Nexus 4 yesterday. I'll still have to wait until March but I didn't want to take a chance with it going out of stock again. Can't wait to be free of damn contracts!

That is exactly WHAT I did, and exactly WHY I did it.

I was, and am, mostly happy with the thunderbolt and the verizon network. If I could use the phone on a plan that was not so expensive, I would continue to use it until it broke. I am finding that the verizon pricing is getting to be more than I am willing to pay. I don't need (or even want) a new phone every two years, and having to pay a monthly rates that includes phone subsidies is becoming more than I want to do. While they may have the broadest coverage, I am willing to accept reduced coverage for lower costs.

Off to a GN4 and try out some of those pre-paid plans.

Chauncey S

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Tbolt on launch day. A pre order thru Best Buy actually. I've been holding out for the next batch of phones and unfortunately lost my Tbolt 2 weeks ago, and am currently on an ancient Droid 2. I'm really leery about what to do, because of the whole unlimited 4G issue.

**EDIT: I never had the battery issues and used the phone heavily. Additionally, during one of the many Cowboy's losses this year. I literally threw the Bolt thru the my bathroom door and the phone was unscathed. :cool:

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Well, I just did the deed; ordered a Galaxy Note 2! My T-Bolt is in nearly perfect condition and has been good to me for 23 months, but I caught the "new phone" bug. The GN2 was just too compelling with the S-Pen and the massive screen, both of which will come in really handy for me. Not to mention the big battery. Now trying to decide if I should keep the TB for a backup or try to sell it. I do plan to sell most or all of the accessories I have for it at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter