Launchers and 5.0

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Looking into getting a 3rd party launcher but some you have too pay for to get the full experience... Now my phone lgG3 is reportedly getting 5.0 lollipop soon(possibly) iam in the usa and have AT&T....
With running a 3rd party launcher will i get all the full experience of lollipop or not? I dont pay for something that in 3 months or less i wont use... I

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A third party launcher simply adds more options that your stock launcher usually doesn't have built in....gesture controls, ability to use custom icons or remove the Google search bar from the homescreen, change page transitions, remove app labels, etc. You can use as much or a little of the options as you want. It's also very easy to switch back to the stock launcher so when you get your update you can try out plain lollipop and see which you prefer.

Most third party launchers offer quite a bit of functionality in the free version, so I'd recommend trying that out and then looking at what other features you can get in the paid version and see if you really want/need them.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Only ones I've used are Apex and Nova...both are good. The Google Now launcher would be the best for a stock lollipop experience.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Smart launcher is fast and simple. I have used both apex and nova for a while, I grew tired with that style of launcher, When I tried smart launcher, I was surprise that I enjoyed having a simple launcher that was fast and had limited amount of customization.

Sent from my LG-E980

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene