Lg g2 199.99 really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
"It's". With an apostrophe, to mean "it is", as in "it is "you're" , not "your". " If you're going to correct someone, don't do the exact same thing they did in the process.

Your rite ..... I have know business correcting someone's grammar. Time to belly up to the table.... and send a pm of apology.

fLLsGPx.jpg

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The reason the Maxx is $299 is because the Moto X and Droid Ultra are $199. Because the Maxx has double the storage (32 compared to 16) and a bigger battery it carries the bigger price.

The G2 is only selling one model (as of right now) so it is getting the $199 price tag. I couldn't believe it myself, I thought for sure with its specs, it was going to go for $299. Instead of thinking the Maxx is over priced think of the G2 as under priced. You're getting the S800 chip, 32 GB internal storage, very large battery, and wireless charging for $199. I'm going to be giving it a shot myself.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It was no secret that the LG G2 was being released. It was no secret it would be priced competitively with current flagships (think GS4, One, Moto X, iPhone, etc.). If you still bought a Maxx knowing that then you did so because you felt it better suited your needs. Just because the G2 is launching doesn't mean your Maxx is suddenly useless. Be happy with what you have or trade it/sell it and get something else. It's not that difficult.

After all, despite its impressive spec sheet, the G2 still does not do some of the things your Maxx does. Think about that when you're considering value. I would gladly pay the same $199 price tag for the Moto X over the G2, and the Maxx does everything the X does and more.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see how these phone compare to each other...I'm not super sold on the skin, but a 1080 IPS LCD screen and a processor that packs a wallop is hard to ignore.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see how these phone compare to each other...I'm not super sold on the skin, but a 1080 IPS LCD screen and a processor that packs a wallop is hard to ignore.

Guy over at XDA developers forum has had a G2 in-hand for a week or so.

Overall he sounds pretty positive about it (screen, battery, wireless charging, camera) but he has a couple complaints. Doesn't like the plastic feel or LG's interface. Nothing that Nova and a case couldn't address, seems to me. That said, he says he'll probably be picking up the Maxx instead......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45447926

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Guy over at XDA developers forum has had a G2 in-hand for a week or so.

Overall he sounds pretty positive about it (screen, battery, wireless charging, camera) but he has a couple complaints. Doesn't like the plastic feel or LG's interface. Nothing that Nova and a case couldn't address, seems to me. That said, he says he'll probably be picking up the Maxx instead......

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45447926

Sent from a Droid Maxx.
Bums me about about the comment on stuttering. Ever since getting an iPhone 5 while waiting for this round of device releases a few months ago, I've become even more sensitive to little jitters and micro stutters. Even the HTC One is off putting.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Bums me about about the comment on stuttering.

It's hard to take that too seriously. Reviews here on android central on the G2 from IFA remind everybody that the software is not final yet. It may still stutter when it's released, but it's not fair to compare an unreleased phone to one that's released with finalized software.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Well the LG G2 is launching on Verizon this Thurs the 12th for 199.99 a 100 bucks less then the Maxx I am pretty pissed about that. The phone looks awesome very innovative big battery great screen packed with extras great camera etc. And guess what the 12th is the end of my 14 days to return the Maxx. I am thinking hard on going there on Thursday and checking out the LG and possibly returning the Maxx even with the restock fee I would still come out ahead. How come LG can release this phone for 199 and Moto can't even seem to get stock to stores that were willing to sell at that price. I am really just PISSED!!!!! How do you guys feel?

i don't know anything about LG how is there update time frames, build quality and can they easily be rooted/good amount of dev support.

you don't have to swap phones.. its pretty obvious the G2 is going to be way better than the MAXX.. so return the MAXX now and get the G2 on the 12th.

I have an HTC One and my 14 days ends on like the 19th so I am going to check out the G2 but honestly probably wont swap em.. this ONE is the best phone I have ever owned.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
you don't have to swap phones.. its pretty obvious the G2 is going to be way better than the MAXX.. so return the MAXX now and get the G2 on the 12th.

I have an HTC One and my 14 days ends on like the 19th so I am going to check out the G2 but honestly probably wont swap em.. this ONE is the best phone I have ever owned.
The G2 is just as likely to be way better than the One, too. The new Motos are optimized really well for the hardware and the 'skin' is very light weight.

There's a chance I'll end up with a Droid MAXX, despite the G2...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Vanilla Android > Skinned Android

I don't care what the G2 does right. Those skins have to go before I ever consider them again. The Maxx is optimized properly and gets not only great battery life but good performance.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well that Maxx has root now so I'm sticking with it especially since Jcase was informed that SS is a definite possibility. Not that this OS really needs to be tweaked it runs great but I want my rom tool box back and wifi tether. It is nice knowing that ROMS are a possibility at this point since we have root I am sure hashcode will work on SS for these phones. I tell you 140.00 dollars for the G2 is a steal though very tempting.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Well that Maxx has root now so I'm sticking with it especially since Jcase was informed that SS is a definite possibility. Not that this OS really needs to be tweaked it runs great but I want my rom tool box back and wifi tether. It is nice knowing that ROMS are a possibility at this point since we have root I am sure hashcode will work on SS for these phones. I tell you 140.00 dollars for the G2 is a steal though very tempting.

i want adfree and pattern lock conditionally disabled

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174