Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protector?

Has anyone used a tempered glass screen protector with their g2? Are you guys familiar with the brand iloome?

iloome LG G2 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Is this one any good? Anyone have it? Or have you had this brand for a different phone? It is a little pricey. I have never tried a glass screen protector but I thought I would give it a shot. Wish it was a little cheaper like $10.

ಠ益ಠ

I had a Tempered Glass Iloome on my Galaxy SIII, and I just put the very same one you linked to on my new G2 last night. They are very good. If you go to YouTube and look for the Iloome reviews by Erica Griffin, you'll see a demo on how good they are.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a Tempered Glass Iloome on my Galaxy SIII, and I just put the very same one you linked to on my new G2 last night. They are very good. If you go to YouTube and look for the Iloome reviews by Erica Griffin, you'll see a demo on how good they are.
Thanks man I will check it out.
Do they have the rounded edges?

ಠ益ಠ

JozayG2

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I was looking into getting one for my LG G2 but I read in many places the iloome one has trouble with the G2 because of the rounded edges

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

I was looking into getting one for my LG G2 but I read in many places the iloome one has trouble with the G2 because of the rounded edges

Yeah I saw that too. But others said it was fine. It is like the exact size of the active screen size but not the fulls size of the glass because the g2 has such minimal bezels. I have a case that wraps slightly so I think it would match up well.

ಠ益ಠ

The WheelMan

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Mine seems to fit very well. And no, it doesn't go all the way to the edges, but it seems to cover the screen perfectly as long as you get it on straight.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Mine seems to fit very well. And no, it doesn't go all the way to the edges, but it seems to cover the screen perfectly as long as you get it on straight.

I've seen the install video. But would you say it is pretty easy as long as you are careful?

ಠ益ಠ

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how this works out illistrator joe. Might get one for my wifes g2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I received my tempered glass screen protector today. A day early. That never happens. I will say it was a little pricey but I am impressed. My old one was generic plastic one and this one is much better. Installation was pretty easy. I really took my time to make sure it was on straight when using the hinge tape. It is more responsive than my old plastic one and knock on and off seem to work more often. It really does feel like glass. It literally fits just the screen portion of the glass exactly. And the edges aren't very smooth but that may wear w bit over time. Overall I am impressed and happy with my purchase.

ಠ益ಠ