LG G3 Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

rchusid

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

yeah i get the same thing. got a solution yet?

Worth repeating to spare people the need to read through all these comments: Simply deactivate vzwavsservice either through the application manager (listing all programs to include system apps such as this) or (if rooted) can use a program such as Titanium Backup.

Some report fixing the problem by deleting the cache for Google+ but I did not have success with this. Deleting any upgrades to Google+ will also fix the problem, but this doesn't sound like the best idea for those who use Google+.

Sonia Naveda

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Thank you!!! That fixed it..I kept getting this "Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped" and I did what you indicated to deactivate vzwavsservice through the application manager and no pop ups! The Verizon Rep in customer service told me to deactivate G+ and worked but I couldn't get through the other applications..
Thank you so much! :)

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and had the same problem. I checked for a PHONE UPDATE and there it was. Or should I say 2. I updated my firmware then an hour later checked again and a second firmware update was there. The problem seems to be gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and had the same problem. I checked for a PHONE UPDATE and there it was. Or should I say 2. I updated my firmware then an hour later checked again and a second firmware update was there. The problem seems to be gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wait... A firmware update? For the LG g3? This would be news to me.

Posted via Smoldering hot LG G3

anon9084127

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

Verizon has released an update to fix the problem. It updates Android to version 4.4.4.
I just updated my S5.

mwbigg

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem after a google plus update last night, called verizon and they had me disable vz wav service. after reading your post I was able to fix the issue..Thankyou

I have an S5 and clearing the cache and data didn't work for me. But, after seeing this post, I fixed it by going to settings, applications, application manager, scrolling over to "all," then scrolling down to vzwavsservice and clicking the "turn off" button.

Wil Hart

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
This Works!!:)
How to fix the error that pops up when a phone is turned on Unfortunately VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped.
First make sure to turn auto updates off in the play store since the google + update was the cause for some reason.
Then clear cache, clear data and force stop the VZWAVSERVICE app and Google+. Except you will also uninstall updates from the Google+ app.
Once you reboot the error should not come back. :D

Unfortunately VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped
VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped
VZWAVSSERVICE has stopped galaxy s3 s4 s5 note 2 note 3

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I just disabled thevzwavsservice and that did the trick. Didn't need to do anything with Google +

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

malone1956

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I looked under settings and don't have vzwavs service running. My LG g3 just rebooted on it's own, and I received the error message VZWAVSSERVICE. Out of the blue. Got my phone 4 days ago.

starz35

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

It's because you're on VZW. They like to screw with their customers! :) j/k

Go into settings / apps / scroll to all / and find google+. Tap it and clear cache and data. If that doesn't work, do the same thing except find vzwavsservice and clear its cache and data.

One of those should work. Hope this helps ya!

Thank you guys!!!!!!!!. I uninstalled the updated Google+ . and bammmmmmm.
I'm free of that dam error.ty,ty,ty💔