LG G3 Will not turn on or charge

A

AC Question

This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

Hunter Weddle

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Same problem happened to me. Just take the battery off, plug your phone into a wall charger, wait a couple minutes, there should be a screen pop up indicating it can't charge. Put the battery in now and it should charge.

AOK1226

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried removing the battery for a few hours.
I also tried plugging in the charger without the battery - no pop up indicating it cannot charge, nor did the screen light up.
I have tried plugging in the charger with the battery in place; I get the vibration that it connected, but still no screen. And now the LED indicator flashes green then blue.

James Cullen2

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow!! This looks familiar. Had the phone for like six months and how one stated, it just powered itself off and cannot charge or turn on. Should be getting a re placement soon. Using a fricking flip phone for now! Suppose to be the "best" out there! Should of stuck with Windows!

kchee01

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone was acting the same way... I usually leave my phone to charge over night n next morning I tried turning it on n it won't turn on n charging light wasn't on. I tried everything... Turning off my phone, taking out battery for few minutes, try charging without battery, tried pushing buttons, using different chargers/outlets. My brother has LG G3 too so I used his battery n my phone turned on. Then he put my battery in his phone n it turned on (100% battery life). So maybe try finding someone with same phone.

Nadia Holguin

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone and had it bout a year;) ok so yesterday I was with my chinchilla listening to music and doing homework ok yea then it turned blue then green says to reboot press the bottom key and other stuff I take a lot of pictures and have a lot of apps and so I pressed down it turned on it worked even got my hopes up -.- So I went t to t mobile and said my pictures are gone omfg great yea thanks so now I'm stressing out that I just lost all of my pictures uggghhh not my best mood today -.- Please anyone I need help to find out what to do I don't want to lose all those pictures

Rama Collier

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, mine went down for days. I tried a few things I researched. Finally, I had to take the battery out, and SIM card out, and I plugged it into the wall. while plugged in, I popped the SIM card in, and the screen like up, showing me a no battery page, I plopped the battery in, and it said I had 98%battery. I pushed the power button for 2-5 seconds and it's worked fine sinse that day.
No idea why that froze up, but I guess jolting the power source kicked it back into the propped functional routing mechanism.

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
yes, mine went down for days. I tried a few things i researched. Finally, i had to take the battery out, and sim card out, and i plugged it into the wall. While plugged in, i popped the sim card in, and the screen like up, showing me a no battery page, i plopped the battery in, and it said i had 98%battery. I pushed the power button for 2-5 seconds and it's worked fine sinse that day.
No idea why that froze up, but i guess jolting the power source kicked it back into the propped functional routing mechanism.

thank you this worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGZ AKA ZAYD

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
OK i had the same problem when my G3 fully died but what i did was i got an old samsung s3 battery u will need one of these for this process i lined the gold battery pins with the phone pins and then i put the charger whilst holding the battery in place then i pressed the power putting then the battery logo popped up indicating no battery i quickly switched the batteries then the battery started charging

Zoey Young

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I HAD MINE FOR 2 HOURS AND IT DID NOT WORK I TOOK IT IN AND THEY SAID IT WORKS JUST FINE IT CHARGED THERE AND WHEN I TOOK IT HOME IT DID NOT CHARGE AT ALL I'VE TRIED EVERY SINGEL OUTLET IN THE HOUSE! IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!I THINK IT HATES ME! SOMEONE HELP!!!:mad::'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same charger?

Unplug something that works, lamp, a toaster. Line up the plugs on the lamp and the charger and, if they're not exactly7 the same, bend the charger pins so they line up with the pins of the thing that works. Some outlets have contacts towards the outside, some towards the inside. A food outlet is tight enough to accept slightly bent pins and make contact, but in an old house the outlets may be so worn that a bent pin will prevent contact.

Rempeld

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok ive encountered this 3 times. It requires you to plug it in till about 25 percent. Which can sometimes take 20 minutes or more plugged into a wall....you wont have an led light showing it works so be sure to have a decent charger. It always works with time. I always worry my phone is toast. But its gotten me through every time. Apple....well if your a working person and you drop your phone.....you got shattered glass. They should be called "egg". Ive probably had about 50 drops with my lg and it works great lol. Apple has a nice layout sure. But everytime someone needs a repair its ussually a screen. Plus if you drop your apple by the time you get your battery out if you have a jewelers screwdriver your motherboard is fried. LG well just snap off the back and pop the battery out. LG is a great phone for water damage or shock absorbing.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Welcome as a new member. :)

Thanks for your contribution. The G3 forum awaits you....take a look in there. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Robert Farrell1

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me. Completely removed micro SD and the Sim card with the battery out. Let it sit for 2-5 minutes, plugged it into the charger with the battery still out and got the error screen indicating that it's unable to charge....placed battery in and..........100% battery. This had me a bit stressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard