LG G3S D722 Poor Battery Life

Czesky

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi there. I just want to ask one question as it didn't send few days ago and I was expecting an answer by now - poor me. Anyway, I've bought a new phone last week. It's LG G3S and the battery drainage is very high. The phone is brand new and the battery life is about a day without heavy usage. I don't know what's wrong with it because other users get two days easily of heavy usage. I've turned off 4G and I'm turning off WI-FI and the location, but it doesn't help. Any solutions? If so, how to fix it?

PS. How does the battery works in your phones? Is there's a problem with the battery or the phone?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Czesky

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'll do that tomorrow because it's on 35% and I want to see how long it'll last without a charge. I was using it yesterday, not as often though. The screen was on for 2 hours and 30 minutes and the battery was at 41% when I was going to bed. In the morning it was at 40% so it drained 1% over night, which is quite surprising.

Yesterday I also got the GSam Battery Monitor and there was 15% of battery usage at Android OS and Kernel (Android OS). Now, here's a question - why do I have two Android's running in the background? This might be the problem that causes the battery drainage so fast, but I have read about it and people are getting like 40-50% of usage on that one.

I'll send screenshot's tomorrow, thanks for help in advance.

//edit
I have turned on the GSam Battery for a while and the signal is alright. It doesn't lose it. Everything is fine. I get 25% of battery usage on screen with only 35-50% of brightness. Is it normal?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
2.5 hrs of screen-on time with 40% battery left doesn't sound too bad to me--that puts you on track for over 4 hrs of total screen-on time for one charge. There are still a lot of factors that could be involved besides the screen-on time, which is why seeing the battery stats can help.

I don't know the technicalities, but it's not unusual to have two similar-sounding system processes running. That doesn't bother me.

The screen uses the most battery when it's on, so it's not surprising for it to be responsible for 25% of the total battery usage, even at decreased brightness.

Czesky

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I have texted my two friends that have LG G3 (Not the S version) and I asked them to compare my battery usage to theirs. They are getting the same thing as I do - Android OS and Operating System takes about 15-20% each on one charge and the screen takes a lot as well. I did three hard resets yesterday and charged it fully. Today I was using the phone on screen for about an hour and I still have 88% left. I keep WI-FI and location off. Also, I turned off all location services from Google (Sending location feedbacks etc.). Like I've said above - my two friends have the G3 and they get only 5-7 hours on the battery with heavy usage. Whole day when the WI-FI and location is on and when they are using it few times a day without hard usage.

I think it's solved to be fair. 12% since 9AM and it's 5PM here in Poland now. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.