LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesn't. How can I get my wifi working?

SWAPNIL SHETYE

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesnt.

The Wifi sign keeps flashing but I cannot turn off the WIFI. It says Turning Wifi On but it does not and does not show any wifi routers.The button wont slide to off.
I have tried to reboot to factory reset and also removing the battery & restarting.
Any ideas.
It is a new LG G4 Dual Sim.
Thank you

michaelhay42

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site

My LG G2 is from T-Mobile and a couple months ago started doing the sme thing
Either i cannot turn on wifi or wifi turns itself off and gets stuck in "Turning wifi on" status
Any fix on this. Or should we rhrow away our LG phones?

Lgg4F

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello Guys today I faced this issue while connecting to my wifi, I restarted the device it didn't worked then I opened the back and pulled the battery out for 5 minutes when I turned my device on the WIFI was off and when I tried to turn it on again it started blinking again, after calling the LG Customer Support they said me to do little things and it's working again!
SO heres what to do
goto Settings-General Tab-Apps then clear the data of these selected items mentioned below.
1) Config Updater
2) Download Manager
3) Google Account
4) Play Service
5) Play Store
6) Framework (Well I couldn't find it on my Phone)
7) Home
8) Setup Wizard
9) Web Services
10)Settings

Clear all the data of these selected settings and I hope it will work. God Bless All of you And may God bless our Phones.
Peace.:)

Hi. I cant find web servis.. Could you please help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Techguynovice

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site

The Wifi sign keeps flashing but I cannot turn off the WIFI. It says Turning Wifi On but it does not and does not show any wifi routers.The button wont slide to off.
I have tried to reboot to factory reset and also removing the battery & restarting.
Any ideas.
Thank you
Hey I been having this prob too and after a year or so of looking I might have your answer but it does take a bit of work on your part. It seems that the wifi card located within the logic board is not connecting properly so you have to open it up and adjust it. Check out this video;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6_0jzp65eLY hope it helps.

May 24, 2017
Visit site

That's the first I've heard of that problem; I'd take it into your carrier and get them to look at it. From some googling about a month ago (to help someone else out with an odd WIFI issue... http://androidforums.com/threads/sim-card-wifi-problems.738513/ ), I think the SIM card may be at fault.

i have the same kind of problem. I can definitely on the wifi icon but it just keep on showing that it is" turning wifi on" and 3 hrs had passes away but still it keeps doing like thaT. I tried to restart it but nothing good happens. I already put it off for how many hours but it doesn't help.. Please help me with my LG magna,

Zahid Gill

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Activate Developer options - tap Build No in About a few times
then in Developer Options - >> User legacy DHCP client
Reboot and try to connect

simonger

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site

Hi guys, I also had the flashing wifi problem and solved it. I tried a SW factory reset before, but it didn't help (made the phone much less laggy though, can recommend doing that from time to time).

On a similar thread i read that a guy recommended lowering the distance between the wifi chip and the chassis (It is the yellow thing at step 8 LINK)

So I opened the phone and but 3 stripes of thesa on the chip. To be honest i didnt have much expectations, but it actually worked!

Really try it out if you are out of warranty like i am. WIFI works perfectly again, took me perhaps 15 minutes to open the phone, apply thesa, and put it back together. I dont know if i fixed it because of the thesa or because i had to open 3 connectors and closed thema again, but it works :)

Best,
Simon

MaGoo90

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site

Any ideas.
Thank you

My LG L70 had same problem. Only Flashing (root) it resolved the problem.

richardnartey1020

Sep 9, 2020
Visit site
Had this phone for 2 days and this started. Also bluetooth won't turn on either. Tried clearing cache and rebooting phone.

Any ideas.
It is a new LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45