LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
But why is that? You would think it would be harder to unlock newer phones with less exploits.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
But why is that? You would think it would be harder to unlock newer phones with less exploits.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon

I'm sure the same methods used to get S-OFF on the newer phones can be used to find a new way to get S-OFF on the Vivid.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Gonzo555

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You can run the RUU as long as you have HTC Drivers (In this case, you have HTC Sync), ability to turn on phone, and a good USB cord.

1) Boot into HBOOT menu.

[Achieve this by holding Volume Down + Power until you see 3 Androids on skateboards on the bottom of the screen.]

2) Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to FASTBOOT and use the Power button to select it.

3) Connect your phone to your PC, and confirm your phone is connected by looking at the Vivid's screen and locate the red banner, it should say "FASTBOOT USB" and not just "FASTBOOT".

4) Run the RUU.

[If you don't already have it, download it here: http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe ]

5) Follow on-screen instructions.

6) Done.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

I ran the RUU but it said error, i did all the steps before right and i have htc driver too, help please, i just got this "white screen" bug or whatever it is today and its driving me crazy and in look for guides to repair it.

Peyton Dimmick

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This same thing has just happened to my htc PH39100 this solutions are not working, the ruu ?? I don't know how it works my phone just stopped in the HTC logo screen and it won't die unless i disconnect the battery, somebody pls help me from the beginning what do i need to download and how does the processing goes.. Please help me !!

brenee87

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've been trying to comprehend all that you have been telling HTC users (thanks for the help, btw). but I am not having much luck figuring out how to actually get it to work on my phone. I have downloaded the driver link you posted and I thought I had ran it correctly, but nothing happens. After more reading through the forums, I noticed a lot of talk about S-off...I then noticed that on my phone it says s-on. What does that even mean? How do I get this reboot to work? Each time I try to do it, I get the same frozen white screen. I'm at a total loss.

TIA :'(

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been trying to comprehend all that you have been telling HTC users (thanks for the help, btw). but I am not having much luck figuring out how to actually get it to work on my phone. I have downloaded the driver link you posted and I thought I had ran it correctly, but nothing happens. After more reading through the forums, I noticed a lot of talk about S-off...I then noticed that on my phone it says s-on. What does that even mean? How do I get this reboot to work? Each time I try to do it, I get the same frozen white screen. I'm at a total loss.

TIA :'(

S-OFF just means "Safety Off", that you can now write to the /system partition and flash antennas freely, along with custom kernels.

The drivers are just so your computer can recognize your HTC Vivid, the download program is supposed to install, then close itself.
To actually fix your phone, you'll have to tell me when this happened and what you were doing.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This same thing has just happened to my htc PH39100 this solutions are not working, the ruu ?? I don't know how it works my phone just stopped in the HTC logo screen and it won't die unless i disconnect the battery, somebody pls help me from the beginning what do i need to download and how does the processing goes.. Please help me !!

If you're still watching, you have to turn off your phone, then with your phone completely off, hold down the Volume Down button, and then press the Power button. Don't let go of the Volume Down button until you see a screen with 3 Skating Androids at the bottom. From there, select FASTBOOT using the Power button. Then, run the RUU, just double click on the RUU on your computer, and it will tell you step-by-step what it is/will be doing.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

brenee87

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was uploading pictures to instagram yesterday. It may also be an issue with my computer because when I ran the new link (above), It gave me an error message from the computer. I can't remember what it said. I'd have to run it again.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was uploading pictures to instagram yesterday. It may also be an issue with my computer because when I ran the new link (above), It gave me an error message from the computer. I can't remember what it said. I'd have to run it again.

So how did it go? What were the results?

brenee87

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It says that an error occured while running it. To make sure it has finished any other setups and close other applications. I'm lost on what to do.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you restart the PC when you did this again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil15oo