LG V60 Network dropping

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I bought an AT&T unlocked V60 and have been using it for 42 days without any problems but today it refuses to connect properly to my carrier network (SMART Cellular). I've made a Reddit post with recordings about it. I would greatly appreciate any help resolving this issue.
Unable to post links here so this is a shortned url: shorturl(dot)at/cgzM2
Note: 2g/3g/4g was working fine before today

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you in the Philippines? SMART is a carrier in the P.I. I've used it when visiting. I'm not sure it's 100% compatible. It should work for phone calls and texts but data is another story.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, my mistake -- I thought the OP was using the phone on AT&T, rather than the phone being from AT&T and wanting to use it in on Smart.

Have you tried the Reset Network Settings option?

Von Ezer1

Mar 13, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone, OP here. Sorry for the late reply. Yesterday I have been testing around my phone and have observed that the Cellular Radio seems to not "stay on" properly as if something is interfering with it. What I did was download an app called Tower Collector on Fdroid that "forces" the radio to look for reception/cell towers and this has somewhat fixed my issue, albeit just a temporary band-aid. I'd like to ask if anyone has any suspicions as to what could be causing this and hopefully a solution.
Things I've tried
  • Network Reset
  • Switch to different Sim Cards (3 times)
  • Factory Reset (2 times)
  • Boot into safe mode
  • Add apn (apn would not save no matter what I do)

I updated my Reddit post shorturl.at/cgzM2 here and added more recordings as well as a new recording of my testing here https://youtu.be/nk-x-lwxzQI. Here is the network log from yesterday as well https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nUd7bSO6hFiab4u7cnq2tLG9zLpXobC8Ecq8D67-nyQ/edit?usp=drivesdk (Note the sim,service,sim op,etc states are different at 7am~ish when the Tower Collector app wasn't turned on yet)

I'm curious as to what you guys think or speculate could be happening to this. Thank you very much for responding to this post by the way.

Von Ezer1

Mar 13, 2022
Visit site
Edit : Also, does anyone know of any app similar to Tower Collector which "keeps awake" the cell radio but is a bit more lightweight? I'd program one myself if I could but I'm only a beginner programming student at Uni LOL. I'm fine with the current app for now but the added strain on battery performance is something I'd like to avoid moving forward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884