Light Bleed, Odd Brightness, Something...

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
My N4 when on a black screen the lower two-thirds seem much brighter than the the top third. I've had it for three days and am unsure if I should return it.

Screenshot_2013-03-06-23-39-21.png

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
That's a gradient in settings menu that you are showing in the screen grab. If you turn the phone sideways, the lighter bottom moves with it.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Is there a way to turn it off, or is that just how they do it?

It?s just the gradient design. It used to aggravate my OCD on the gnex so I used to flash a black gradient mod that ?fixes? this (it?s not broken) to a solid black. The thing is it?s only there in settings, so who cares, and I stopped flashing it. Apparently nobody else, including Google, cared either.

zerkms

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
If it was the screen issue - then you wouldn't be able to "screenshot" it, since screenshot is just a video memory buffer copy, not the actual image the screen produces you see.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
It?s just the gradient design. It used to aggravate my OCD on the gnex so I used to flash a black gradient mod that ?fixes? this (it?s not broken) to a solid black. The thing is it?s only there in settings, so who cares, and I stopped flashing it. Apparently nobody else, including Google, cared either.

That's my problem. I nitpick. I'm already getting used to it anyway. I just wasn't used to it. It does however make me long for the screen on my (now) old Sensation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymousaga