Link2SD problem Android 6.

basilico79

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Hello.
With android 5 with link2sd I had no problems moving apps on sd card (formatted as portable memory) but with the update to android 6 yes
I made the two partitions on the sd one fat32 and the other ext2 and in fact link2sd finds me quietly the partition and creates the script so it would seem all right but if you move to the sd card linksd will return the error failure -6
what can it be?
if I transform the sd as internal memory here I could do without link2sd as directly from settings, apps, I can transfer applications but in doing so I can no longer see the sd partition

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Marshmallow changed how to use the card to store apps and the only option is setting it as adoptable storage. See this Motorola page.

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS105572

The card is not longer a separated storage and it can't be used in a different device. Also, adoptable storage is a bit glitchy and we have seen many reports of users having problems. Not exactly a thing to recommend.

basilico79

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Marshmallow changed how to use the card to store apps and the only option is setting it as adoptable storage. See this Motorola page.

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS105572

The card is not longer a separated storage and it can't be used in a different device. Also, adoptable storage is a bit glitchy and we have seen many reports of users having problems. Not exactly a thing to recommend.

elefone p8000.yes, but I would also like to see the sd which instead of formatting it as internal memory is not possible

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
elefone p8000.yes, but I would also like to see the sd which instead of formatting it as internal memory is not possible
Exactly. That's one of the problems with internal/adoptable storage, the SD card can't be "seen" anymore as separated storage. And the encryption makes it unusable on other devices, even unreadable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter