List your EC05 Problems/Praise

randydboggs

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i have had alot of things wrong with it first time i ran it the phone was lagging and the music wouldnt work and it would not play music of any kind i took it to sprint they had it for 1 hour and about 30 min they had to unload and load it back on i lost everything unless it was on the sd card i checked it when they gave it back to me and the music played the videos played and any apps that had something wrong worked and it was running smooth now that was a week ago now the music isnt playing and the videos are not playing and iam not getting my emails!!!! whats the deal is anybodys epic doing this????? i guess iam stuck going back to the sprint store and waiting again!!!! pls help????

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The problem I'm having that's the most annoying is the homescreen page lag. Ill exit out of an app and it takes 5 secs or more for my apps to show up. I first thought it was fancy widget but after removing that it still happens. Any fixes?

Sent from my Epic 4G using Taptalk

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish the volume of the notifications was louder. I have the volume at 100% for everything but the notifications are definetly quieter since the upgrade.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wish the volume of the notifications was louder. I have the volume at 100% for everything but the notifications are definetly quieter since the upgrade.

Known issue, I don't know why but they did change something in the volume of the notifications.

Maelstrom04

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Original, unrooted Epic with EC05
Where do we start?
1) randomly, suddenly the player, well... plays.
2) sometimes the phone rings too much and doesn't allow me to answer, to regain normal use I have to pull the battery
3) it started to keep logs of all the SMS, no way to disable it.
4) on the PLUS side, finally I get a decent battery usage

Quoting myself too, Admins please forgive me!

I reverted to 2.1
I feel like we're backin time when I went back from Windows Millenium Edition backto Windows 98.

funkypimp

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mic problems since update to Froyo

I am having this exact problem as well. After some amount of time the other party will no longer be able to hear me. It happens anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes into the call, doesn't matter who originated the call, and it doesn't seem to be related to having bluetooth turned on as it has happened numerous times with bluetooth off. I don't talk on the phone that much so it took some time for me to notice, but it has only been happing since I upgraded to EC05. Unbelievably annoying.

At a random point in my phone calls, the people on the other line cannot hear me. My mic basically stops working; this has happened when I have a headset plugged in or simply when I'm on the phone so I assume it's a software issue. If I switch to speaker (faster than the other party can assume the call cut out) they can hear me just fine. I can't find anything about this, except possibly that it may be an issue with having bluetooth turned on. Am I really just supposed to remember to keep bluetooth off when not in use, every time? That seems ridiculous. Thoughts?

flyers333#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I actually had the opposite problem, where even with my "ringer volume" at the lowest audible setting, notifications were still really loud. Not sure if you've tried this, but, I went into Settings > Sound > Notification Ringtone. In there, you don't need to change the sound but then hit the volume up key, you will see a separate on screen display for "Notification Volume".

I figured this out by just tapping around ... for me, I lowered it (as it was at max) and have been satisfied with that. Perhaps yours is too low?

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This is similar to what I've been having, except I sometimes catch it having issues, commonly with GMail, but sometimes with other applications. Sometimes it buzzes to indicate it's having problems, then freezes, sometimes it resets. I've flashed EC05 multiple time to see if that resolved the issue (using Odin and the pre-rooted EC05 image), without any success. I DID lower the frequency of GMail crashes by emptying out a folder that had 4000+ messages in it (work email, saving every change request notice since 12/09).

Ok, I am having the random lock up issues too where the screen goes black but the buttons on the bottom light up and will darken if pressed. I have to pull the battery which is annoying since my phone is wearing a case protector.

I thought it was the SetCPU, Vision kernel 1.1, or even my aquarium live wallpaper all disabled but it still happens about once every few days. Any of you guys running similar apps or even rooted?

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me as well. I also have a case. To reset without taking the battery out hold the power button, camera buttn and the vol up button at the same time. One of the best tips I've ever gotten.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: scoob

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me as well. I also have a case. To reset without taking the battery out hold the power button, camera buttn and the vol up button at the same time. One of the best tips I've ever gotten.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Awesome tip, I try to remember this next time my phone locks up.
I had thought the lockup also disables the physical buttons as well.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their text messages getting stuck 'sending'? I have to power offf and then back on for it to send. This has been happening more frequently as well. Sometimes resetting the phone is not helping the situation intially. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their text messages getting stuck 'sending'? I have to power offf and then back on for it to send. This has been happening more frequently as well. Sometimes resetting the phone is not helping the situation intially. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Havent heard of this one. Are you using the stock message program?

Maybe there is a slow down in the Sprint network and your system is waiting in the "send queue?"

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site

yep! this has been happening to me alot since the update...i am stock everything...i am soooo NOT loving my epic anymore since the update...my phone is super slow, i hafta keep doing soft resets due to the screen freezing, then when i do that, for some reason previously sent texts RE-SEND!!! very embarassing to KEEP getting responses from those resent texts that read "so u reset your phone again huh?" it's REALLY starting to piss me off! and dont even get me started on the battery (or lack thereof)...i know rooting is an option but i dont know how to do stuff like that regardless of how easy some report the process to be and i dont wanna take the chance of bricking my phone (because if it CAN be bricked, it would be ME to do it!) i dunno, im just not happy with it anymore....i loved it before....

stocksja

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
After I installed the Froyo update, my epic started lagging really badly when the phone was awakened. The screen will take anywhere from a couple seconds to 20 seconds to respond to touches on a rewake. If you cycle the power to the screen, the lag is fixed and the phone operates normally. I have hard reset the phone, reformatted the sd card, tried a different sd card, rolled back to eclair then automatically updated to froyo over the air, had a fresh install of froyo at a sprint store here, and tried different launchers. In addition Bonsai and SyndicateROM seem to have the same freezing/lagging issue. Does anyone have an idea what the issue is or how I might correct it?

Thanks in advance

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Havent heard of this one. Are you using the stock message program?

Maybe there is a slow down in the Sprint network and your system is waiting in the "send queue?"

Yes, I'm using the stock message program. Would a different text app resolve my issue? My phone actually works well otherwise.

giarc25

Jan 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
My phone started acting up really bad today. I have had some of the symptoms that some of you have previously discussed, but today I am so angry I just want to throw the thing against a brick wall!

I can no longer use my phone as a phone. It will dial out, and I can accept incoming calls, however I can't hear the incoming party, nor can they hear me. Also, on the dialpad, the speakerphone and bluetooth options are not highlighted. I can still text, browse the web and do everything else with it, but it no longer works as a phone...

any ideas?

I have powered off and on 5 or 6 times, I have done several battery pulls, nothing fixes this. The only thing I did different today was, I downloaded the Home Depot App from the market. I removed it thinking that may have been it, but to no avail.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
My phone started acting up really bad today. I have had some of the symptoms that some of you have previously discussed, but today I am so angry I just want to throw the thing against a brick wall!

I can no longer use my phone as a phone. It will dial out, and I can accept incoming calls, however I can't hear the incoming party, nor can they hear me. Also, on the dialpad, the speakerphone and bluetooth options are not highlighted. I can still text, browse the web and do everything else with it, but it no longer works as a phone...

any ideas?

I have powered off and on 5 or 6 times, I have done several battery pulls, nothing fixes this. The only thing I did different today was, I downloaded the Home Depot App from the market. I removed it thinking that may have been it, but to no avail.

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

aoswald86

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
texting

the tilt thing is kinda annoying, it tilts too easy now.

Im not sure if anyones noticed this, but after having your phone on for a few days, the text messages just stop sending and u have to turn off your phone and turn it back on. i never had that issue before with 2.1. This is really annoying.

My battery life actually is kind of worse with this than it was before.

But i like how they added the ram thing in the task manager so you dont have to download those apps that do the same thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14