Lock Screen Music Controls Not Working

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
S9 Running Pie. Since Pie update, lock screen music controls have stopped working. They are visible with all music apps (Spotify, Samsung Music, Pandora, Play Music) both on the lock screen and in the notification shade. All notifications are set to ON, and I haven't changed anything.

Also while my phone is locked I cannot use headphones double tap nor my car's steering wheel track controls, but they all work when the music app itself is open. I can't figure it out and it's killing me! Please help...

JulioM

Mar 12, 2019
Visit site
S9 Running Pie. Since Pie update, lock screen music controls have stopped working. They are visible with all music apps (Spotify, Samsung Music, Pandora, Play Music) both on the lock screen and in the notification shade. All notifications are set to ON, and I haven't changed anything.

Also while my phone is locked I cannot use headphones double tap nor my car's steering wheel track controls, but they all work when the music app itself is open. I can't figure it out and it's killing me! Please help...

I'm having a similar issue. I am on a Note 9 with the Pie update. After installing the update, I did a factory reset to start fresh. Not sure if there's a setting that controls this, but I can't find anything. Volume controls work when the screen is locked but play/pause and skipping tracks does not work in certain situations that I have not figured out. Same issue with wired or wireless headphones.

It seems like it's just Spotify, but I'm not sure. If I leave Spotify playing in the background while the screen is locked and then try to pause it, it will not pause. Sometimes it's instant, and sometimes it stops working after playing for awhile. I have tried it with Pandora and do not have issues with it.

Another glitch is that sometimes my music will stop streaming and I'll lose my spot in podcasts using Spotify. I am willing to bet that it's an overall glitch with Spotify.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Same here with Spotify stopping randomly and restarting. I now think it's more of a Spotify issue not fully compatible with Pie? Not sure.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Finally fixed it! Got the latest update 8.4.96.953 and then had to go to Settings>Device Care>Battery. Under Optimization, Spotify was listed to put to sleep immediately. I turned this option and all works just fine! WHEW! lol

christiannnn_m

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site

Just found a fix to this and reported it to spotify so hopefully they can fix it permanently. What worked for me is I needed to uninstall the Google Play Music app since it seems to have a compatibility issue with spotify.

Punksnotdead

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
Just updated to pie today and immediately had issues. Went through forums, tried every option out there. What finally worked is resetting my phone. Hope you all have luck with the spotify problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44