Long term

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
How's been your long term experience with the v10? I've heard mixed reviews, from no issues to the bugs and the phone slowing down after several months.

gibbga

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my V10 since about the first month they were out. Knock on wood... No issues here. Had a month where bluetooth kept dropping calls but that has not happened in a few months now. I do seem to have my GPS drop signal fairly frequently but only in my afternoon commute which seems weird. Other than that mine has been perfect.

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
All in all its been a good experience, but not without some issues. I haven't noticed any slowdown over the 6 months or so that I've had it, but have experienced overheating when using GPS for navigation. However, I've done a factory reset and restored using the LG backup service (I couldn't bear to start from scratch again) and touch wood it doesn't seem quite as bad now in terms of overheating.
The LG v10 is a truly awesome phone and I can't think of anything that would tempt me away from it at the moment. Maybe the Note7 in August but we'll see....

gmdoggies

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Good here too. Had the v10 since March and no problems other than battery life, but I am on it all the time so that might have something to do with that. Love this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

josip2608

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have it for almost 6 months. Only have one problem where phone restarts after using fingeprint scanner. Hard reset helped. Im very satisfied with phone, must say my best android expirience so far

Just get this case:

For Fundas LG V10 case Hybrid Dual Heavy Duty shockproof Armor Cases For LG V10 F600 5.7inch Back Cover 2016 New Coque # IDOOLS
http://s.aliexpress.com/zmqMfE7j
(from AliExpress Android)

And phone is beautifuler then it was :)

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Easily my favorite phone I've ever owned. I've had it since Nov last year. Battery life is just okay. It did develop a bad overheating problem. Only happened when data was on. If I turned data off it was cool as can be. Got so bad it hurt to hold the phone to my ear during a call. I did end up doing a warranty exchange. Annoyed me to no end that I paid $800 for a new phone that was found to be defective and they replaced it with a used refurbished phone. Received the replacement phone in the mail today. Hopefully it works better. Wish me luck!

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
My V10 showed up in January. A 64Gb model. I've put about 50Gb of stuff onto it by now.
Pros:
Audio through cans is incredible.
Speed is snappy.
Response time is almost instantaneous with the Finger Print Scanner.
Bluetooth range is expansive.
WiFi capabilities are excellent, both bands.
Cons:
Bluetooth and/or Miracast drain battery like it's free.
Smart Settings work intermittently.
Can't wear polarized sunglasses and see the screen when rotated. (Bit nitpicky, first world problem, call the whambulance)
Advanced messaging killed my preferred messaging app that would sync with my tablet. (Not sure if that is Google's or LG's or Samsung's fault. Everybody claims it isn't them. And so does the app dev.)

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This is probably the best phone in terms of being trouble free I have ever owned. My previous phones all were replaced several times under warranty. So far this phone has had no problems other than normal quirks that all phones have. I would like it if the battery life was a bit better, but the ability to swap batteries makes that a non-issue. I am looking forward to seeing what LG does with the V20!

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So far the best phone I've owned since December. This thing is a power house I edit all my videos from this phone and it has never had a hiccups. I've been very impressed.
However the battery life isn't that great (but replaceable batteries and fast charging help). Aftermarket accessories are limited compared to Apple or Samsung.
All in all I wasn't happy with my LG G4 and have been very happy with this phone.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had a bad battery issue and overheating but the replacement phone I received works perfectly and the battery life is amazing. Not sure if they did some tweak while refurbishing it or what but it's like night and day. I used to swap batteries several times a day and now the phone lasts all day. I unplug it around 7AM and unless I'm gaming for a long time it lasts until late into the evening. I'm quite happy with it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo