Looking for a budget phone

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of a new budget range phone for someone who tends to drop phones etc. So, the first thing is it needs to be really sturdy or have a decent (smooth, to work with magnetic car mounts) case and screen protector available.

It needs to have a decent screen, but it doesn't need to be top of the line, and I don't care if it's oled or lcd. The sound from the loudspeaker needs to be decent and go to a reasonable volume, but this is not intended as an audiophile device. I don't care about a headphone jack or micro usb vs usb c.

I really need decent performance and decent storage. 32gb with SD card or 64gb w/o SD card minimum.

I'm looking in the $250 range.

I've been looking at the Nokia 6.1 and Moto G6, even though both are a touch higher than what I was hoping to spend.

Thanks!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was about to recommend the Moto G5 Plus, as it is a great bang for your buck; but the G6 would also be a very good choice. Let us know what you decide!

Khronus Titanicus

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Well, I recommend you to get a LeEco Le Pro X720 or a Le Max 2 64GB edition, they fit most if not all your requirements bar price (for they around 270-300 through Banggood). In addition, if you drop your phone too much, The Blackview BV8000 pro seems solid. Albeit I do not know about the Speaker. Moreover, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 or a Meizu Pro 6 seem compelling. I also have heard the Honor 7X are pretty good. Or a Nubia M2. If you can spare another $100 bucks, definitely go for a Mi6. (All prices are based off Banggood)
Hope it helped. :)

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Moto G6 should be at the top of the list. If you don't mind Huawei's skin then I would recommend the Mate SE (slightly better storage specs than Honor 7X).

Both can be had for $250.

Raider Duck

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The Huawei Mate SE is an awesome phone. Its default EMUI skin kind of bugs, but a quick install of Nova Launcher (which I've now used on five straight phones) fixed that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon