Looking for my perfect screen protector

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, I am looking for a screen protector. I want it to meet certain criteria.

No glass. No rubbery feeling like the zagg I used from a few years back. Don't want one that takes away from the screen quality too much. And I really want one that helps keep finger prints and smudges down. Am I asking for too much? Or does anyone know of one that may work for me?

I've tried a skinomi. It had that rubbery feeling. And I am currently using an invisible defender that looks great but smudges and get prints very bad.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I am looking for a screen protector. I want it to meet certain criteria.

No glass. No rubbery feeling like the zagg I used from a few years back. Don't want one that takes away from the screen quality too much. And I really want one that helps keep finger prints and smudges down. Am I asking for too much? Or does anyone know of one that may work for me?

I've tried a skinomi. It had that rubbery feeling. And I am currently using an invisible defender that looks great but smudges and get prints very bad.

Thanks in advance!

Why no glass? The Zagg Glass screen protector has been the best I have ever had.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

Last edited:

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Why no glass? Tempered glass protectors have all the features you ask for--feel like the real screen, no change to image quality, repel fingerprints, easy to install.

The old Zagg film protectors and other plastic protectors are awful in comparison, and harder to install too.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You'll never get everything you want if you don't get glass. Zagg Glass is by far the best on the market.

Anti-fingerprint, easy to wipe off, feels just as good as the display does without, perfect clarity. What do you expect? It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of a protector more than anything by saying "well nothing meets my ridiculous expectations".

Go for the Zagg Glass. You won't regret it!

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Peeled off my Spigen GlastR Nano today and install my Zagg glass. I can confirm that the Zagg is one sweet screen protector. It seems thinner and the edges are much smoother and better feeling then the Spigen. You can't go wrong with the Zagg Glass for the S5.

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Peeled off my Spigen GlastR Nano today and install my Zagg glass. I can confirm that the Zagg is one sweet screen protector. It seems thinner and the edges are much smoother and better feeling then the Spigen.
How does it compare for fingerprint resistance? With my Aerb protector, I get some smearing around the fingerprint scanner, although it doesn't affect the image and cleans off very easily.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Zagg glass, only way to go. Feels better than the original screen and doesn't show finger prints hardly at all!!! (And I have really oily skin) think is flawless!!!

Posted via Android Central App

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I don't want glass is I am really bad at installing screen protectors without getting anything under them. I always have to pull them up and use some tape to get lint or dirt out because it will drive me crazy if it's not clean under the protector.

Oliver Telfor

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Only reason I don't want glass is I am really bad at installing screen protectors without getting anything under them. I always have to pull them up and use some tape to get lint or dirt out because it will drive me crazy if it's not clean under the protector.

If applying it puts you off check out some of these blogs for some tips.

Blog - How to apply a screen protector in 5 minutes, or less.

And for bubble issues

Blog - Bubble Trouble? Let's Seek & Destroy...

Hope this helps.

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi there

I'm new to Android, just got an HTC Magic. I'm an old BB user and as such got myself a Storm for my private use. I have a Bold for business.

I got so fed up with the Storm that I replaced it with Android! Great. My main question is: how can I syncronise my contact from my PC to the HTC? I searched and all I found was the funambol solution but quite cumbersome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

From Barcelona,

Bruno

Thanks. I'll spend some time on that after I get off work.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Had Zagg glass installed on my S5 today. I have to admit the amazingly smooth screen protector has won me over completely now that I have it. I definitely procrastinated about getting one. I have to say it's very nice and works great with my Element Recon CF case. Anyway if you don't want the Glass at least get a Zagg HD because to me it's about the best film based screen protector.

d57houston

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Bodyguardz Pure glass is the way to go. Easiest to install of any I have had and got every bit of the lint off underneath it with provided wipes. Has a much better feel than plastic. Just like a regular screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans