Looking to switch from XS Max to S10+

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Have been strongly considering making the switch from iOS to Android. I feel the s!0+ provides more value per dollar than the XS Max does.
I'm not sure if a fresh coat of paint (iOS 13) will be enough to keep me in the fold. I'd like user experiences from s10+ owners &/or people who have switched from iOS.

P.S. Probably getting the Galaxy Buds as well

Thank you

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,

Have been strongly considering making the switch from iOS to Android. I feel the s!0+ provides more value per dollar than the XS Max does.
I'm not sure if a fresh coat of paint (iOS 13) will be enough to keep me in the fold. I'd like user experiences from s10+ owners &/or people who have switched from iOS.

P.S. Probably getting the Galaxy Buds as well

Thank you
Hi, I use both android and apple , I do also own a s10+ .I think your going enjoy the s10 you can customize it to your liking from home pages to themes different widgets, you can also charge your GALAXY buds or another device with power share which is nice feature. Dont get me wrong apple is awesome also but just limited what you can do , but what it can do its excellent at. Hope that helps a little , I'm sure more members will chime in .

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you're after with a smartphone to determine which has more value to you, but you can't go wrong with the S10 imo. Best Android on the market and checks a whole lot of boxes for a smartphone.

The performance is crazy good, battery life is really solid, best screen on a phone, great and versatile camera, best stock UI on Android. It's been great for me.

I do think though that the iPhone XS does take slightly better photos than the S10, but that's it.

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I use both android and apple , I do also own a s10+ .I think your going enjoy the s10 you can customize it to your liking from home pages to themes different widgets, you can also charge your GALAXY buds or another device with power share which is nice feature. Dont get me wrong apple is awesome also but just limited what you can do , but what it can do its excellent at. Hope that helps a little , I'm sure more members will chime in .

This does help. Been watching videos on all the things that the s10+ can do. Dex looks amazing!! iOS user experience & customer support is top-notch. I just think Android is ticking more boxes for me at this point. Have been stalling on a switch as I've been using iPhone since it's been launched.

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you're after with a smartphone to determine which has more value to you, but you can't go wrong with the S10 imo. Best Android on the market and checks a whole lot of boxes for a smartphone.

The performance is crazy good, battery life is really solid, best screen on a phone, great and versatile camera, best stock UI on Android. It's been great for me.

I do think though that the iPhone XS does take slightly better photos than the S10, but that's it.

Good to know. I'm hoping the transition will be seamless. Figuring out how to bring over my podcast subscriptions now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This does help. Been watching videos on all the things that the s10+ can do. Dex looks amazing!! iOS user experience & customer support is top-notch. I just think Android is ticking more boxes for me at this point. Have been stalling on a switch as I've been using iPhone since it's been launched.
I really do think you be happy, also check out the phone at best buy or carrier store and get hands on feel if you can .

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I really do think you be happy, also check out the phone at best buy or carrier store and get hands on feel if you can .

Been there so many times in the last couple weeks that I might get arrested for loitering :D After using iPhones since their inception, it's not that easy to make the switch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Been there so many times in the last couple weeks that I might get arrested for loitering :D After using iPhones since their inception, it's not that easy to make the switch.
Hahaha, I know it's not easy .
If you can swing both do it , at least if you decide to pull the trigger you have 14 days to test drive it and they charge you 35 to 50 dollars for restocking fee.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I've got iPhone X (3GB RAM hurts), and use to own S8+ and Note 9.

Running iOS 13 beta now. Still "messy"

I'm tied up for now using iCloud which isn't easy unless also use Google Photos and Drive.

Was waiting to see what Note 10 offers but it looks like the 10+ for me. I looked at XS Max and just too heavy for my taste.

I always have one Android and an iPhone so i feel I've got a backup - and won't get bored.

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha, I know it's not easy .
If you can swing both do it , at least if you decide to pull the trigger you have 14 days to test drive it and they charge you 35 to 50 dollars for restocking fee.

That's the route I'm probably gonna go. I have two numbers on my XS Max now (e-sim). Will just split the numbers between the two devices.

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got iPhone X (3GB RAM hurts), and use to own S8+ and Note 9.

Running iOS 13 beta now. Still "messy"

I'm tied up for now using iCloud which isn't easy unless also use Google Photos and Drive.

Was waiting to see what Note 10 offers but it looks like the 10+ for me. I looked at XS Max and just too heavy for my taste.

I always have one Android and an iPhone so i feel I've got a backup - and won't get bored.

Haven't tried iOS 13 yet. Only really excited for native dark mode (using accessibility options to invert colors now) XS Max is noticeably heavier than the S10+. I will say that the XS Max is very durable. Have dropped it a few times & no damage.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's the route I'm probably gonna go. I have two numbers on my XS Max now (e-sim). Will just split the numbers between the two devices.
Great , love to hear your feedback .
Haven't tried iOS 13 yet. Only really excited for native dark mode (using accessibility options to invert colors now) XS Max is noticeably heavier than the S10+. I will say that the XS Max is very durable. Have dropped it a few times & no damage.
S10+ is a light phone

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
My current device is a iPhone XS Max, however I also have a S10+. I bought the S10+ outright and ended up using it for only a few days. That was pretty much right at the S10 launch. I am unfortunately in the category of people that got sucked into and feel stuck in the iOS ecosystem. My household has four Apple TV's, 4th gen and 5th gen, and we have a movie library of almost 400 titles. Then there is iMessage, my entire family and a huge portion of friends and work colleges are on iOS and iMessage. Third, HomeKit...however I'm not stuck on HomeKit I just have my smart devices(lights, security camera's, home thermostat, etc.) set up to use it. I could technically spend a afternoon switching to say SmartThings. And as a backup we have multiple Amazon Alexa's that can control everything. My point in all this is that I would recommend that if you utilize iMessage, HomeKit, Apple TV's(with any sort of music or movie library) that you really think about what you'll be losing access to by switching to Android...then re-evaluate if its worth it for you to switch platforms or not. If I could start all over again I would have NEVER poured thousands of dollars into a movie library on Apple TV and have them all stuck there with no way to get them out. I wouldn't have gotten myself in the situation I am in now where I feel like I simply can't switch to anything thats not iOS. I absolutely love the Android experience and all of the evolving its done over the years. Like someone else above said, Apple/iOS does some great things, but the lack of customization options and other innovations that Samsung offer are disappointing. I'll just leave you with that. If you decide to switch to Android/Samsung just ask yourself "How deep am I in the iOS ecosystem"?

On a side note if anyone has any suggestions to help me out with my Apple ecosystem mess PLEASE send suggestions my way!

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My current device is a iPhone XS Max, however I also have a S10+. I bought the S10+ outright and ended up using it for only a few days. That was pretty much right at the S10 launch. I am unfortunately in the category of people that got sucked into and feel stuck in the iOS ecosystem. My household has four Apple TV's, 4th gen and 5th gen, and we have a movie library of almost 400 titles. Then there is iMessage, my entire family and a huge portion of friends and work colleges are on iOS and iMessage. Third, HomeKit...however I'm not stuck on HomeKit I just have my smart devices(lights, security camera's, home thermostat, etc.) set up to use it. I could technically spend a afternoon switching to say SmartThings. And as a backup we have multiple Amazon Alexa's that can control everything. My point in all this is that I would recommend that if you utilize iMessage, HomeKit, Apple TV's(with any sort of music or movie library) that you really think about what you'll be losing access to by switching to Android...then re-evaluate if its worth it for you to switch platforms or not. If I could start all over again I would have NEVER poured thousands of dollars into a movie library on Apple TV and have them all stuck there with no way to get them out. I wouldn't have gotten myself in the situation I am in now where I feel like I simply can't switch to anything thats not iOS. I absolutely love the Android experience and all of the evolving its done over the years. Like someone else above said, Apple/iOS does some great things, but the lack of customization options and other innovations that Samsung offer are disappointing. I'll just leave you with that. If you decide to switch to Android/Samsung just ask yourself "How deep am I in the iOS ecosystem"?

On a side note if anyone has any suggestions to help me out with my Apple ecosystem mess PLEASE send suggestions my way!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do have a few Apple products (iPad, Apple TV, iMac, Macbook Pro) in my home. Fortunately, besides the hardware, I don't have any additional financial investments like movies or apps. Most of the people that I communicate with are on iMessage, but as long as I can send them a text message I'm ok. I only use iMessage on the phone anyway. My major lock-in is the relative comfort of using iOS & funnily enough--iTunes. For the last several years my phone has really been a VERY expensive iPod. Buying music & podcasts are a big thing for me. I don't stream music, I like to have it stored locally. I haven't found a similar solution on Android...yet. After using an iPhone since they first came out I'm just used to the experience, and there's typically no deviation from the user experience from generation to generation.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

Check out movies anywhere. All of the movies bought on Apple will be available in google play...amazon. Etc. it is a service that pulls all your content together and it is free.

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m about to make the jump, I think. Trying to figure out what I need to transfer across and how to do it.

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Check out movies anywhere. All of the movies bought on Apple will be available in google play...amazon. Etc. it is a service that pulls all your content together and it is free.

+1 on this. The content is out there and available, you just need to get used to a different workflow. It won’t be easy but it’s worth it.

Managing music and media content is the biggest reason I stayed away from iOS back in the day. Between that and the ability to customize the look and feel and the way I interact with the phone... I know I made the right choice.

Best of luck.